“Overpriced Brothel”

Ranked #245 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
San Francisco, California
“Overpriced Brothel”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

While I was checking in with the receptionist behind the bulletproof glass, at least 5 different couples walked in, handed the receptionist a wad of cash and were given room keys. No deposit, no ID, no registration of their stay. This should have been my first red flag but we were exhausted and had already handed over our wad of cash for the two nights.

First room had been used and not cleaned (dirty towel on floor, urine in toilet, lipstick stains on pillow). Second room smelled like BO and stale cigarettes. Third room was next to another room that was turning guests every few hours. The giggling, headboard thumping and grunting lasted all night.

No closet, toilet was behind glass screen, shower stall open to room, only 1 towel for 2 guests.

Neighborhood is super sketchy. This was my 6th visit to Mexico City and I've never seen so many prostitutes and drug busts. Our first night we opened our window to see 7 police cars surround a black SUV, pull out several duffel bags of a white substance, and arrest 3 very angry men.

Worst yet - we were very suspicious of dark frosted glass mirrors facing bed and shower. On our last day here, we bought a flashlight and pointed it into the mirror only to see what looked like recording devices.

This hotel needs to be removed from this site immediately. I have already contacted local authorities, but highly doubt there will be any follow up (we saw enough cops visiting the young women outside).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
9 Thank ashley0124

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2005

The hotel is not located in the best area of the city, and at night the area is very shady, especially with the prostitutes (mainly transvestites) lining up the street, but once you enter the hotel, you can't believe it is located at such a location. The metro station San Antonio is a couple of blocks away, and the Zona Rosa is only a 30-50 peso taxi ride away (if riding the metro, 2 pesos away). I stayed at the hotel for about a month, and the deluxe room was less than $25 U.S. daily. The room was spacious, the bed king size, very clean, and seemed as if it were recently remodeled. Even the bathroom was nicely decorated, seemed like marble tiles to me. I stayed a couple of times in one of the Jacuzzi Suites (at approx. $40-$45 U.S. daily), and wow, was I very impressed. The front desk staff, maids, and staff in general are very friendly. I ordered room service a few times, and the food was tasty and affordable. I would greatly suggest this hotel, but recommend that if traveling to and from this location, to catch an authorized cab. If riding the metro, do so during daylight hours.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member