“Excellent tou in Puebla”

Eat Mexico Culinary Tours
Ranked #1 of 31 Food & Drink in Mexico City
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat Mexico offers small, private food tours of Mexico City. Want to taste the best tacos or street food, or explore Mexican markets? We'll show you the way!
Quebec City, Canada
“Excellent tou in Puebla”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We take the tour called Tast of Puebla and even my 12 year old kid loved it. It's a tour that will get you out of the standard place. Great.
Bruno

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Highlight of Our Trip!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

What an absolutely fantastic time. My brother and I (both in our late 20s) came down to Mexico City to do some exploring, but thought this sounded like a great activity for a bit of structure one day. Boy were we right! Paco (our guide) was incredible knowledgeable, friendly, and a real treat to be around. We did the Market Tour this time, and if I come back again in the future, I think I'll definitely do another tour with them. 6 out of 5, would recommend to anybody!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour, good deal”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a great experience with Eat Mexico tour. Being fortunate enough to catch an introductory "discount fee" for a new tour guide made it definitely worth every penny. In addition, we had a private tour, which was an added bonus. Our guide was knowledgeable and took us to amazing places that we would not have found on our own. Also, the Eat Mexico staff was super responsive and service extremely personal. We really appreciated their effort. I do agree with some of the reviewers that if we would have paid the full price, it would be a little on the expensive side though. But special service, special places and all the personal touches come with a prize tag. Definitely the best tour we did in Mexico.

Visited May 2014
Hong Kong, China
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Tasty but expect to pay through the nose”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I'm conflicted. But the tour is excellent. Very expensive. I don't want to say the tour was worth it because I still feel I was had....~$90 US dollars per person for a 3.5 hour tour is expensive. The food is mostly included in sample sizes which is really enough because by the end of the tour you are so so so full of food but it all adds up to a sum total of US$8 each. The guides take you on a tour around the centre of Mexico City while you eat. I'm a big advocate for foodie tours but hadn't thought it was worth $90US. Might have thought $50US was enough considering each of the 10 dishes we ate/drank were less than a dollar each - that margin would still have been super generous but $90 feels a bit greedy. That said- you are a captive audience. This is the best of any of the trips that are on offer. I recommend it because I would never have found the places they have but then again...I still feel the prices are way too high.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Hongkongfoodie2014
Lesley T, Owner at Eat Mexico Culinary Tours, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Hi there: I'm sorry you didn't feel like you received a good value on your tour. You're right that the food prices are low compared to the cost of the tour. However, as we explain in the FAQ section on our website, we set our pricing ($85 USD a person for two people) for two reasons: our group size (this is not a high-volume tour; most groups are 3 to 4 people at most), and the fact that we pay our guides a living wage in which they can support themselves and their families in Mexico. I wish I could offer you the tour for $50 a person, but the only way to do that would be to either pay our guides less money, or open up our volume to 10+ people. The former I'm ethically opposed to and the latter I feel takes away from the experience of eating on the street with a local. All of that said, we strive to have satisfied customers, and I am happy to reimburse you for the amount that you feel you overpaid. Please email me at lesley@eatmexico.com with the amount and I will process a partial refund. Thanks.
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Late Night Mezcal and Tacos Tour”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I did the late night tour with Arturo (Paco was our driver) and had a great night. I asked to visit a pulqueria, as I was interested in tasting pulque--Arturo was really accommodating and took me to a classic pulqueria and explained the drink's history and how it's made. We also did a mescal tasting and hit a couple of really good taco stands--places I would never have found on my own, and both were delicious. All in all, highly recommended tour.