“If you are a foodie do not miss!”

Eat Mexico Culinary Tours
Ranked #1 of 31 Food & Drink in Mexico City
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat Mexico offers small, private food tours of Mexico City. Want to taste the best tacos or street food, or explore Mexican markets? We'll show you the way!
Sydney, Australia
“If you are a foodie do not miss!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My Mom and I had a fantastic time on the Mexican Street Food Tour. It was the highlight of my entire trip! We met our wonderful guide Paco and one other tourist for a wander around to all the best street vendors in the city. I felt that the vendors were carefully chosen to be not only safe and hygienic, but because they offered some of the best versions of their specialty in the city. I would most definitely do another tour with Eat Mexico, they are an organised and responsive company. In all honestly, I'd probably do the same tour again the food was so delicious. Thanks guys!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Mexican Street Food Tour. A MUST!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

The Eat Mexico Food Tour was a Christmas present from my wife. A really fantastic present which we finally got round to doing in late January.

We met our friendly guide Natalia and three other people for the tour at 9.30am. Greeted with a bottle of water and quick intro we get on our way. First up a tamale stall for tamales and hot chocolate. A nice way to start the tour. From there we took a shortcut through a food market and then see the workings of a tortilla shop. We then stop for a selection of quesadillas and the likes with freshly squeezed fruit juices. Again, really good.

From here we wander to a fresh fruit stall and sample fresh fruit seasoned with lime juice, salt and chilli powder. Weird but it really works. Another brisk stroll to a burrito stall for Mexico City style burritos. These were fantastic and not half as stodgy as the the traditional Tex-Mex style we're used to. The stall has a great selection of homemade sauces from the mild and sweet to hot and spicy. We follow up the burritos with a coffee.

Our last leg of the tour takes in a Carnitas stall where I opt for a mix of meat, snout and bacon. Once combined its hard to tell what you're eating but it's delicious either way. Finally we hit the Pastor stall where we finish up with essentially a Mexican Kebab. The Pastor was great and I even tried the tongue that was on offer. When in Rome...

The tour took just under four hours and between stalls and whilst at the stalls Natalia gave us the history behind each dish, what they're made of, the many variations, when they're eaten etc. It was all really interesting and a great way to learn about Mexican street food. It opened our eyes.

Natalia was a great guide and answered any questions we had. The small group meant it was easy to get to know everyone and also try everything on offer. A MUST DO when in Mexico City.

Brooklyn, New York
“A must for those who love food!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My friends and I were expertly guided by Natalia on the Street Food tour and can't recommend it enough. Natalia somehow managed to make eating tons of delicious street food even more fun. She was incredibly knowledgeable and interesting. If you're a first-timer in Mexico City or just want to learn more about street food, this tour is a must. You won't be disappointed!

New York City, New York
“Late Night Taco & Mezcal with Paco”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had an amazing time with Paco on the Late Night Taco & Mezcal tour. This tour is everything you need to experience Mexico City and it's food. Paco was informative, personable, and an all around interesting and fun person to talk to. We visited 5-6 taco places, tasted Mezcal (Paco gave us a very in depth lesson about how Mezcal is made and how they label the bottles, very interesting) and enjoyed a Mexican microbrew. We were surrounded by locals, which is the exact experience that we wanted. I can't rate this tour highly enough. Do this tour in the beginning of your trip so you can revisit all the delicious places later on.

Besides the tour, Eat Mexico is so easy to communicate with. Rebekah, who worked with me while booking the tour, was warm, quick to respond, and even answered some travel questions I had that were unrelated to the tour.

Thank you, Eat Mexico!

Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Eat Like a Local”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a wonderful time with our guide Arturo. His knowledge of food and the area that we were in was superb. He obviously had a great relationship with the staff at each of the places we visited and was quick to replace a venue that was unexpectedly closed. Seeing how the food was made and learning about the regional cuisines is an essential experience for any foodie - self-professed or not!