“Great food, not so good for a vegetarian”
Review of MeroToro

MeroToro
Reserve with OpenTable
MeroToro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 5,219 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Condesa
Description: Merotoro is one block from Parque Mexico in Colonia Condesa.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is supposedly one of the top restaurants in the city, they have like this great chef, and this great menu. I think the hog is one of the main options. I think, because I don't eat meat. So, i had this pasta, wich I had to ask to modify, because it included bacon, and it was good but not mindblowing as I was expecting. The price is high and get in here can be quite messy, make a reservation.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I ate here with a friend on a Tuesday night, a 9pm reservation. By the time we left at midnight, the place was still packed. If you are dining late, a reservation is a must. My first impression – the wood, the industrial beams, and the Edison bulbs, reminded me of Izote, a favorite DF restaurant of mine.
The food was excellent although my dining companion felt his Margarita was too sweet. During cena, we shared a nice bottle of Spanish wine, chosen from a decent wine list. I enjoyed the light broth soup with fish balls and the mero, which was arrived lightly roasted and creamy and served on puréed cauliflower with potatoes and chard. I wish I could recall the other dishes in our meal (I vaguely remember octopus and clams) but it was all very good. I look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Came here on a Thursday night around 8:30 and it was half full, but by 9pm it was buzzing. I liked the seafood heavy menu for the most part, but the drinks were so-so (they kept making my martini wrong and had only a handful of wines by the glass) the but the real treat for me was sitting between a table with 2 members of a Mexican rock group on one side and the heir of one of Mexico’s wealthiest business men on the other with no paparazzi in sight.

2  Thank SSSteph
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Merotoro is not a restaurante for the gastronomically unadventurous or cheap. This restaurant is a direct descendant from Restaurnte Laja in Ensenada, Baja California. One of the things that makes it different from Laja is that there is a menu at Merotoro, whilst Laja had a fixed meal with little choices.
Merotoro inherited all of its Baja California cuisine and added more dishes and baked in the premises bread. As with any other restaurant in Mexico City, seafood is a bit risky. Our ceviche and octopus dishes were great, but the shrimp tasted old.
My favorite dish is a slow cooked beef that is as juicy and tender as can be.
The wine selection reflects the variety of wines in Baja California, but don't expect the Baja California winery prices. My choice for value for money is the Convertible Rojo.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Merotoro has excellent fish and seafood, claimed to come from Baja California.
I found the cuisine quite good, although not exceptional. The portions were OK, but less creative than I expected. The place is warm and the service all right. Prices are not very low, but if you want good fish, it is still probably one of the best options in its popular neighborhood!

2  Thank RM00184