All reviews rooftop bar luxury experience memorable stay dinner reservations the club lounge bluetooth occitane robe arturo reforma amenities floor spa mc concierge bellboy mexico
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I only stayed at the hotel for one night and my experience was flawless. From the moment I arrived, I was pleasantly greeted and welcomed to the hotel. I was shuttled in effortlessly and all my bags (5 of them) were accounted for. The receptionist was warm and friendly, and she made me feel like I was a welcome guest. The room was perfect and exceeded my expectations.. it was simply beautiful. I was given a walk-through and was floored by the technology. The room had a built-in sound system, and I could connect my Bluetooth and play music throughout the entire room. The lighting, amenities, slippers, robe, power everything, wine, it just goes on and on. The bathroom was spectacular.

As I think back, I realize that I can't wait to come back. Sofitel Mexico City Reforma ranks with the nicest hotels I've stayed in, and I've stayed in plenty across the world. The service is second to none. I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.

5 stars all the way.

Room tip: City views are spectacular.. I was looking right down on the Angel of Independence.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
SofitelMexico, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear jdaneman,

It is an absolute pleasure to read such a lovely comment regarding your stay at Sofitel Mexico City Reforma. As you may know, receiving such a positive feedback helps to encourage all of our team to keep doing our absolute best to ensure that our guests live the Sofitel brand to its fullest, and it is an absolute joy to know that you did. It is a true pleasure to know that you sincerely enjoyed the service and all the features that our rooms have to offer.

We hope that we get to host you back very soon at your new home in Mexico City.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2020

The entrance of Sofitel Mexico City Reforma was beautifully crafted, leaving an excellent first impression. The minute we checked in, a very kind bellboy Antonio offered us a welcome drink. Everyone in the front office was respectful and considerate. The concierge at Sofitel -- Liliana, Arturo, and Romina -- graciously helped us find restaurants that were open during the holidays. Also, they were quick to schedule travel assistance. They were all genuinely happy to be of assistance. The service is top tier as my parents sent a complaint about a noisy room because of the AC; they were immediately upgraded to a different room. Furthermore, our rooms were cleaned multiple times throughout the day our whole stay.

This was our first trip to Mexico City, and we will surely come back because of the rich culture and savory meals. And, we will definitely be staying at Sofitel once more!

Date of stay: December 2019
SofitelMexico, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear aminaaa23,

On behalf of Sofitel Mexico City Reforma's team I would like to truly thank you for your kind comment. It is a joy to know that we were able to surpass your expectations regarding your visit to our vibrant city and to know that you truly enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I am absolutely sure that Liliana, Romina and Arturo will be very happy to read your comment and to know that they created a memorable experience for you.

We hope that we get to host you again very soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

A great moment in Sofitel Mexico Reforma, enjoying the bar at the 38th floor with great cocktails and astonishing view over the city.
All day restaurant is excellent as well.
Did not try (yet) the rooms, the spa nor the swimming pool. Surely at the same luxury level!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2020

You can't be wrong when choosing the Sofitel MC Reforma for your future stay in that vibrant city. Beautifully designed hotel perfectly located in the city center and only steps away from all that you need. From the moment you enter the hotel, you'll be greeted by the kindest and most pleasant employees, all ready to answer all your needs and ensure that you have a memorable stay. Unique view from the 38th floor, heated pool, well-equipped gym, and an unforgettable gastronomic experience that blends the French culinary traditions with a Mexican flair. Perfect hotel for a relaxing and revitalizing stay.

Date of stay: January 2020
SofitelMexico, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Dear Tony241,

It is a true joy to read such a lovely comment and to know that you appreciated the French culinary traditions, the service and the relaxing pool. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home during their stay at Sofitel Mexico City Reforma, and to know that you found your stay revitalizing means the world to all of us.

We truly hope that we get to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Wanted to check this new Accor property in Mexico City andas their new loyalty program name suggests, it turned out to Limitless disappointments.

It is annoying that you must change the elevators at the 14th floor lobby to get to your room/suite and wasting time in the process process.

As a lifetime Platinum member with Accor, I was assigned about the lowest possible floor "luxury room" that they call a junior suite in higher floor.

It would have been great to get club benefits letter explaining the hours. Also, some of the club employees are rather clueless. I got Jasmine tea, milk and sugar when my request was for Jasmin tea with lime slices and sweetener.

The club lounge was nicely designed, although the communal table with too low chairs a design disaster.

The room had similar issues. You had to walk out from shower to adjust the temperature or amenities. The shower head was mostly blocked but I was able to stretch and clean it. The shower water pressure was terrible. Also, there are no waste baskets in the bathroom.

My key card stopped working at noon even when I am eligible for late check out that surely was available as the hotel was 15% to 20% occupancy per employee.

I was having a nap in the room and the privacy light on. Hotel employee knocked and walked in regardless.

Orbitz was selling this hotel for $230 while price on Accor's website was $400. Likely better not book direct unless you are interested in Limitless frustrations loyalty program.

Don't see a reason to return.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank LoyaltyLobby
SofitelMexico, General Manager at Sofitel Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Dear John O,

First of all let me apologized if we did not reach the standards you were expecting for our new opened hotel.
I am sorry that you did not like the design of the hotel, design can be sometime subjective.

What mostly affected me of course are your remarks about services. This is definitely under my responsibility and I am definitely not satisfied leaving a guest unhappy even more if he is lifetime Platinum ALL.

On your last remark: “Don't see a reason to return”, let me try to give you 2:
- When you were staying in Sofitel Mexico we were less than 2 months after our opening, everything should be perfect but an opening is never perfect even if we did our best.
- Because we always deserve a second chance, I have checked your reviews on Tripadvisor, you hardly give a 5* rates. That makes me even more hoping you to give us a second chance, I want you to give us 5* rate on your second trip.

Please if you are ready to come back, send me an email confirming me your booking, and I will make sure we meet your expectation and above.
Sylvain.chauvet@sofitel.com