“Simply the Best”

Royal Cars and Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We take great pride in having the responsibility to show and share our cultural richness and our millenary heritage. 25 years background as a tour operator allows us to offer high quality Private Tours in Mexico City and its surroundings, focused mainly in Archaeology, History, Culture, Art, Gastronomy and Traditions even Mystical Magical Prehispanic Rituals. Always committed to excellence we can design our programs according to any and all of our clients’ preferences and needs.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This company provides the best service and best tours of any group I have ever seen. I have travelled extensively to many parts of the world and have never found guides who were more knowledgeable or more passionate about the subjects they were addressing. Alejandro and Jose Luis both do a great job. We have worked with them several times and it has always been a great experience. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

All reviews
"mexico city airport"
in 7 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 5 reviews
"historical information"

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time on my recent visit to Mexico City to utilize the tours available through Royal Cars, but I used them for pickup and drop-off from the airport. They were there waiting for me when I arrived and the driver used the best route based on traffic at the time to get me to my hotel. I was concerned about my airport drop-off but the driver was there waiting for me at the hotel, even though it was 3:20am.

Both vehicles were extremely comfortable and clean. You do need to communicate to them via email which can tend to slow things down, but they were very efficient and responded with all the appropriate answers.

I would highly recommend Royal Cars for airport pickup and drop-off. I suspect their tours are well done as well.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We love Royal Cars! From designing our itinerary (Thank you Roxana), to our greeting at the airport and transportation in Town Cars (Impressive, I don't travel this well at home), to Rafael's fascinating knowledge of pre-Columbian civilizations during our Teotihuacán Pyramids tour, Royal Cars provides a premier experience. We booked our from/to airport transfer, the Frida/Diego tour and the Pyramids tour, and everything went like clockwork - punctual and efficient service and friendliness all around. I would only suggest that there be an option for more free time at the Pyramids and the Basilica tours. We went on a Sunday and there is a line for climbing the taller of the two pyramids, so we only had time to climb the shorter pyramid. The visit to the Basilica of Guadalupe could also have used a bit more time for exploring. Gracias a mis amigos de Royal, ¡han hecho nuestra visita a México inolvidable!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I purchased the Diego and Frieda tour for my parents while they were visiting me in Mexico City. I saw all the amazing reviews, so I thought it would be a great idea.

The good:
- Very fast response with email and very clear about the fact that admissions to sites are not included (although given the limited cost for entry, i'm not sure why)
- The driver/guide gave my parents a lot of good history on Mexico City and information on plants, etc.
- Safe transportation

The bad:
- Due to some demonstrations, the driver was over an hour late to pick my parents up. This is understandable, as the traffic in Mexico City is awful at times, but he did not contact them until after the appointed time they were supposed to meet. Given conditions, I think he could have let them know sooner instead of having them wait around.
- The 'guide/driver' was really nice, but he did not go into any of the sites with my parents, only got them to the front and let them go tour by themselves. Maybe I wasn't clear on this, but for $140 USD and given this was a 'tour' I expected that they would be shown around and things would be explained to them. My parents don't speak much spanish and these sites did not have any explanations in English.

Overall I would agree they are nice, safe and prompt in responding. I would just make sure to be very clear with them (which I was not) as to what is a guided tour vs. explore yourself so you manage expectations appropriately.

4  Thank Suzy R