“Brisas Club if not a 3 star”

Galeria Plaza Reforma
Ranked #38 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Montreal, Canada
“Brisas Club if not a 3 star”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had to wait over an hour to check-in, lack of communication between hôtels.com and the front desk. Everything went smoothly afterwards. We booked a Brisas club room (10th-11th fl), reasonably priced, and you get complimentary breakfast and wine-hors d'œuvres in the evening, and Wi-Fi in the room (wich is really slow, but you manage to read your emails)

The hotel is well located near shops, restaurants, pharmacies, convenience stores, all within walking distance (safe area).

The Staff is amazing. Professional and Friendly. They all try to help you out. The room was a bit dated, but well kept and clean. The noise from the street below can be a down point for some, bring earplugs. The rooftop pool-terrasse is nicely appointed, but it's dead most of the time.

A downpoint for our entire stay was the card-keys wich were always demagnetized, and we had to go to the concierge desk (wich is on the 11th fl for brisas club) to have them fixed or changed. this procedure had to be done everyday we came back to the room!..

Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Brisas club rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank QCO
Manuel A, Manager at Galeria Plaza Reforma, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for staying with us.
We are doing our best to provide an excellent service.
I hope you have enjoyed the Santo Tomas wine.
We work everyday in staff training, because our goal is your satisfaction.
A TIP: avoid placing key card close to cell phones.
I would love to see you soon again to show you how we have improved the key card issues.
Best Regards ¡

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Galeria Plaza on my birthday trip to Mexico City. The hotel is nicely decorated and was well located for the locations we wanted to visit on our trip; within walking distance to Reforma as well as on the edge of La Zona Rosa where there are many restaurants and nightclubs. Use big city street smarts particularly when walking at night, or if you are female in the area, but we encountered no problems whatsoever.
It was my birthday when we arrived and Concierge Jorge recommended a great little traditional restaurant two blocks away for dinner. It was exactly what I was looking for to celebrate my birthday! When we returned, there was a surprise birthday dessert in my room. How lovely!
There are two bars, one with food service and a decent restaurant in the lobby. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful and everyone I encountered spoke English very well. There is a rooftop heated pool, gym and mirador with magnificent views of the city. Great trance music played continuously there.
Our room was on the fifth floor, so the view wasn't overwhelming, but the higher floors probably have very nice views based on our visits to the rooftop pool area. It was very clean and housekeeping kept it that way for our four day stay. They even fixed the broken drain stopper in the bathtub without being asked. The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows. All appliances worked well as they should. There is a mini bar, coffee maker, tv and hair dryer.
They will bring purified water made ice to you if you need it.
I used Room Service one morning for coffee and it was there exactly on time as requested.
The lobby store was only open from 7 am to 11 am every morning, but when I was able to visit, I ended up buying two handmade Frida Kahlo dolls that I didn't see anywhere else including Casa Azul. The saleswoman offered me a discount when I returned to purchase them.
We truly enjoyed our trip in no small part due to the service and comfort of this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Noira2001
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've recently stayed in Galeria Plaza (this month of July 2013), excellent location, comfortable hotel, good services and facilities, clean, the rooms are OK, prices are also convenient for what you get. Security is also OK, since the hotel is located in Zona Rosa, a sort of downtown where everything is available, but also possible. Unfortunately the phone calls (even locals) are very expensive and also the Internet (there is no free wireless in the rooms and in the lobby is very poor); the parking is also expensive, but safe.
The breakfast is nice, a significant variety of mexican, but also international dishes available, the service is fast and helpful; there is also a nice offer of options to eat inside the hotel with the same nice service. I've travelled before here, a couple of years ago and the quality of the service it was more or less the same, so I'd strongly reccomend the hotel if the communication facilities would be somehow improved.

Room Tip: For the travellers within next months avoid the front located rooms since just across the street (Ca...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IOAN M
Bethel, Alaska
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a reasonably priced, comfortable option in a great neighborhood in Mexico City. The rooms are pretty basic but clean and comfortable, and the staff is helpful. The rooftop pool and workout facilities are nice with a great view of the city. Unfortunately, I've got to grade this place way down for their lack of free wireless in the lack of free wireless in the rooms.This is an evil and outdated policy, and I will look for a place with free wireless when I next visit this city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah a
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you are looking for a reasonable yet nice hotel in Mexico City, this is a good one. It's located is a safe location. You will have easy access to public transportation if you like that route. There are plenty of places to eat nearby.
The rooms are clean, there's nice equipment if you desire a work out. If you go early in the morning you have a view of the famous volcanos. It's middle of the road as far as expense and luxury.
Only negative was also a positive. It was air conditioned. The room would be cool. However, if you want fresh air or air flow, it doesn't happen because the windows are sealed shut.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MPLSD
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is overall good, for the position, the accomodation and services.
Breakfast is good with many dishes to choose, the lobby bar is good too and the service is careful and fast.
The rooms are quite big but dark, and one morning I found out that maybe the pavement is not always cleaned because some piece of plastic stuck into my foot, lucky that I had bend-aid. Plus the hairdrier in the bathroom did work only for 5 seconds, then it turned off probably because of overheating, lucky again that I had short hair.
the gym on the roof and the pool are good.
internet is not free and it is very expensive for being in mexico, that's not good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My colleague, having arrived here one day before me, made me a bit nervous about staying here. However, I realized that she is a bit of a prima donna and has certain particular things she looks for in a hotel (a very, very elegant lobby, and a brand name hotel).
I am a bit more simple, needing clean rooms, hopefully relatively modern, internet, and location is important. This hotel covered all of those, as well as having friendly service and a nice breakfast array. To be honest, I really don't have any complaints and even I actually found the lobby to be pretty nice; much, much larger than my colleague suggested.
Overall, this is a nice hotel in a good area, and close to a lot of things. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business