“Campanille tour is great”

Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)
Book In Advance
More Info
$88.00*
and up
Mexico City Private Tour with Teotihuacan...
Ranked #23 of 546 things to do in Mexico City
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the largest churches in Latin America, this famous cathedral dominates the Zócalo.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My favorite thing was the Bell tower tour where you are on the roof when the bells ring, noon on fridays, and it was so worth it. The guides only speak spanish but my son interpreted for us and we learned a lot!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,258)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"choir"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed November 12, 2012

50 years ago, when I first came to Mexico I was a WASP. I had never been in a Catholic Church and was in many ways just a child of conservative Presbyterian parents. But, I took a chance and went in and I've been ardent visitor toe everything Catholic ever since. I haven't converted, but I have marvelled at the art, the awesome majesty, the fervor of the faithful and the inspirational grandeur of each and every cathedral. Everytime I look up and see a whole gang of saints staring down at me, It inspires me to be better than I am, even though I'm not catholic.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

A truly magnificent place, only made more special by its mixture of architectural styles. Take a moment to sit inside and absorb its calm - and to see the evidence of Mexico City's soft foundations.

1  Thank Natasha F
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place to stay and relax after a walk around the Centro Historico, you can hear the "misa" or just sit down and enjoy the silence. Camera are allowed but without flash.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 2, 2012

All has been said about the Cathedral, I tried the tour to the bell tower, it's very interesting and you get a great view of the Zocalo and Palacio Nacional.

You dont' want to miss this historic place!