“A great boutique hotel in the heart of polanco”

Las Alcobas Mexico DF
Ranked #1 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
new york
“A great boutique hotel in the heart of polanco”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

What an awesome place to stay. Attentive staff, we were very pampered and loved the daily amenities from free snacks and water to a great morning breakfast that led us on our way. You must try the horchata latte... it was fabulous! We have stayed at some of the top hotels worldwide and this ranks right up there. I love Las Alcobas!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Summercove,
Thank you very much for staying at las Alcobas and taking the time to write this review. We are striving to have our guests discover the Mexican Hospitality. Remember that you have a home in Mexico City wating for you.
Have a great 2014.
Herve F. Blondel - General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed her for our 1 year anniversary, just before Day of the Dead. We could not have felt more charmed and taken care of by the staff. Upon arrival, we were given a tour of the room (including explanation of necessary key for spa and the gym opening at 9 am) and shown how all the lights and controls work. The room itself was beautiful and the bed, amazing. We both had relaxing massages at the Spa which took the kinks out of our travel. The entire staff signed a card that arrived with a complimentary bottle of champagne on the day of our anniversary. Thank you staff!! The breakfasts (not the Continental, we didn't try that) were scrumptious and a great start to the day. We had a great view of the city from our room as well. We chatted with the General Manager several times as he was always around to manage whatever was needed, and he was super. The location was perfect for us, and we walked to many sites--that weren't next door, but we like walking and we easily got to the museums on Reforma. We took a cab to the Soumaya. The restaurants we ate it were also in Polanco, so it was very convenient. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Madeleine,
Thank you very much for allowing us to be part of your 1st anniversary celebration.
We wish you the best for 2014 and hope to see you again soon in Mexico city.

Atlanta
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Las Alcobas is the best small luxury hotel we've ever stayed at. Perfectly located in Polanco, the hotel is peaceful, beautifully decorated in a modern but warm and comfortable style, and truly a retreat to return to after a long day. Rooms are immaculate, well designed and full of great amenities--luxurious linens and towels, bedside controls for lighting, temperature, window treatments, well stocked complimentary minibar. Breakfast room is lovely and food is delicious. But it's the service that completely won us over. Long before we arrived, the concierge desk provided helpful information about transportation (for a trip to Teotihuacan and an overnight in Puebla). We were always greeted warmly by the desk staff, who helped with dinner reservations, directions, taxis, anything we needed. The hotel manager was very pleasant and attentive. When we asked about the nearest subway stop, the hotel sent a staff member to accompany us to the subway, which turned out to be quite a long walk (we could certainly have done this on our own…it was unnecessary but so gracious). We could not have been more pleased with this hotel. Returning for a couple of nights after a journey to Puebla felt like coming home. This place is a gem and I would return there happily if I have the chance to return to Mexico City.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dailychocolate
Dear Dailychocolate,
Thank you for taking the time to write this very nice review about your experience at Las Alcobas. We enjoyed hosting you and as it is important to us to share the beautiful Mexican country as well as the Mexican warmth and hospitality.
We do hope that you can make your way to us soon, as we have so much more to show around our city.
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed December 31, 2013

To put our review in perspective, we have lived full time in Mexico for 10 years, speak Spanish, and have been to many hotels and BBs in Mexico City and throughout Mexico. Las Alcobas is highly recommended in international publications. So it was with anticipation we booked December 23-26 – Christmas in Mexico City. We could have gone to the Four Seasons cheaper because of a promotion or the Hilton Reforma. We should have. We reserved our room a month in advance, and in checking in, though at 75 percent occupancy, they gave us an inferior located room. When I suggested they could do better, they did. I told them at check in that I would decide on checkout whether to pay in pesos cash, my US credit card, or my Mexico debit card, and not to use any of them. When I checked out, they had charged the room for one night – the second night ironically – on the U.S. credit card. Only when I was persistent did they take the time to reverse the charge. The only elevator is so dark that I have to find my glasses to reach it to hit the right floor. The gym does not open until 9 a.m., which makes it useless, because for many of us, our exercise day starts well before that. After my wife had hopped into the Jacuzzi tub, the jets would not work. I went down to the desk to ask why and they said it needed a key, which they had failed to provide us upon check-in. For the price of this hotel, you deserve better, because the options are so much better and professional.

Room Tip: As high as you can get.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DuaneSandul
LasAlcobasGerente, Manager at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Duanesandful,
I appreciate that your time writing this review. First of all I would like to apoligize for the misunderstandings and lack of communication that you experienced while staying with us. Our goal is to have each one of our guests experience what las Alcobas is about and we failed.
I hope we can make it up at an other occasion. Please contact me directly at hblondel@lasalcobas.com.
Nevertheless I hope you had a great New Year.
Yours sincerely,

Herve Blondel
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Sometimes, you go to hotels with high expectations and it's hard to exceed them - Las Alcobas managed to exceed high expectations in many different ways. Someone at this hotel is paying an incredible attention to detail, and that's really outstanding.

- Locaction: Great. In the middle of Polanco, with many nice restaurants and shops around.
- Check in: Swift and very welcoming. I asked for a late check-out, which really made a big difference at this particular trip, and they granted a very generous check-out time. I didn't have to haggle, they genuinely gave me the impression they were happy to do me a favor. Wow - you don't find that often.
- Room: Spacious, contemporary design and smartly laid out. There are two phones - one next to the bed and one at the desk. You have a speaker phone AND a cordless phone, which is great if you have a lot of phone calls. The control panel next to the bed is very practical to control curtains, lights, DND etc. TV is a nice flat panel, combined with Bose Surround and DVD player. Even though the room faced the street, it was very quiet, thanks to double-panelled windows.
- Bathroom: Again spacious and beautiful design. Bathtub with Jacuzzi. Shower with normal shower head, rainshower and jets and good water pressure - it's a great shower experience. And thanks to the smart design, even if you shower extensively, there's not a drop of water on the bathroom floor. The toilet has a Japanese seat - I haven't seen that outside of Asia, another special touch. Amenities are high quality, and there's even a body scrub on top of the body wash. There's also a range of hand-made local soaps with explanation and history behind them. Beautiful.
- Gym: There's a gym, but it only opens at 9am, which defeats the purpose if you're a person who likes to work out in the morning. But they explained that it's next to a room, and they want to be sure that guests are not disturbed - that makes sense, and in the end, it's nice that they pay attention that all guests can have a comfortable stay. Anyways, there's a cute little park just around the corner, which is nice for a quick run in the morning.
- Other special touches: The softdrinks and Mexican snacks in the minibar were included. You sometimes find that in hotels, but then the minibar contains maybe one water and a juice. Not at Alcobas - they have a great selection of different soft drinks (light and regular), carbonated and non-carbonated water, tonic and juices. Very impressive. And the Mexican snacks are lovely. The cherry on the cake was the wake-up service. You can order a special wake-up service: They will first call you, and then come with a tea, coffee or juice - whatever you select. I haven't seen that before, and absolutely loved the idea.
Staff is amazing - very friendly and going out of their way to make your stay comfortable and special.
Bottom line: I definitely want to come back

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear MappingEarth,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Las Alcobas. I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable. Remember that you have a home here in Mexico. Once again we hope to see you again soon.
Herve Blondel
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This our first stay at Las Alcobas .
My first contact was with Marlon the concierge who was efficient and so nice , a day before our scheduled flight he called me because he did not find my reply regarding a transfer from the airport ..
The welcome was warm , we were after a 24 journey , all we wanted was to have a drink and a small bite- we left our Passports and credit card at the reception and we were escorted to the restaurant - the time was 15.40 , the place was busy and lively , we had great Margaritas and few starters which were so tasty .
Later on we were escorted to our suite - the Masaryk Suite which located on the top floor .
The suite is designed in a luxury modern style - we have a huge terrace , the view is not amazing - but don't forget , we are in Mexico city .the bed linens are top quality , and every thing feels cosy and comfort.i stayed in many suites all over the world - this one is one of my favorites !!!
I booked a massage in the small spa - I had a nice therapist who gave me 80 min. Of
Relaxation .
The GM Mr Octavio Leonardo introduce him self to us and even gave me his private adaptor to my I phone ..
The location of the hotel is in the nicest area of the city , safe and with so many beautiful restaurants , places to have a drink all located in front of a lovely park .. And the best high class shopping in the city .
What more can you ask ?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear princesTelAviv ,
It was a pleasure hosting you at las Alcobas. I am glad you were able to enjoy our property and I hope that you are able to relax during your Baja California vacation. You know that you have your home waiting for you in Mexico city.
We are looking forward to have you stay again with us.
Happy Holiday Season for you, your husband and your family.

Hervé F. Blondel
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our room was quite compact but comfortable and with a spacious bathroom with a large window, Jacuzzi bath and separate shower with several different jets. A touch screen control panel by the bed controls everything - lights, curtains, a/c etc. The screen glows all night illuminating the room somewhat. Soft drinks, snacks and sweets were provided free in the room. Polanco is a delightful area, it felt safe to walk around at night and there are many restaurants, cafes and bars in the vicinity. We particularly enjoyed Dulce Patria next door (see separate review) which is owned by the hotel and has wonderful, imaginative food. Continental breakfast was good with gorgeous pastries and fresh fruit but the coffee was very poor (as we found virtually everywhere we stayed in Mexico).

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MyrtleWiltshire,
Thank you very much for your review and comments. I read also that you felt that the coffee was not up to where it should be. I will review it with Director of Food and Beverage and make sure that we deliver the best. Mexico being a Coffee producer we should be able to add it to your experience. Once again thank you for staying at las Alcobas and hope to see you again sometime soon.
Yours sincerely,