“Very convenient location, decent quality overall” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2

NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2
Ranked #33 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Durham, North Carolina
“Very convenient location, decent quality overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Overall, this is a good choice if going through Mexico City and staying overnight for one/two nights. We stayed here as a "home base" for travel to Veracruz and a central meeting location for a business meeting, so we used the hotel meeting facilities.

My review of 4-circles is based more on convenience because of the location, as if I rated the hotel against others based solely on the service, I would have given it one less circle on the rating.

As I arrived late in the airport, I was very happy that the hotel was easily accessed from T2. The walk from the arrival hall is very short, but finding the elevators up to the reception area was a small challenge as they are tucked in behind a wall and the signage is a bit confusing. However, this was no big deal and we made our way up to the main desk.

This was a disappointment as we turned the corner we saw a line of about 12-15 people waiting to check-in! The process is very slow even though they had it staffed reasonably with four people checking folks in. One main reason for the slowdown was that patrons were having trouble using their room keys and several came back down, disrupting the staff here. One of my colleagues had the same issue, although I did not fortunately!

The reception staff speak decent enough English to make things reasonably easy. They did not have a swipe machine (or it wasn't working) so they had to manually fill out the card information! Some of you old-school travelers like me will remember the old-fashioned swipe machines that manually ran over the card creating an imprint (back-and-forth swipe machine)? Well, they were using those old three-part forms but scraping the end of a pen over the cards to get the imprint! This was very frustrating! In this case, I also blame the USA banking system for being so freaking slow about implementing electronic chip technology in our cards. The rest of the world uses them, why not us (sorry to vent)!?!?!

So, after about 20 minutes I headed up to my room and I do have to agree with other reviewers that if you happen to be on the wrong side of the hotel, your walk will be a LONG one. I unfortunately was, and got my daily exercise by walking to the reception area from my room!

Upon entering my room, I was fine with what I found. The floors are hardwood (interesting) and seemed clean overall, as I didn't feel any dust/crumbs/etc while walking around. The room was reasonably large, which I didn't expect in a hotel at the airport. The bed was large and firm, which I liked. the only criticism was that one of the pillow cases felt dirty, but I am sure it wasn't. It was likely just old, as the material had "pilled" up and felt kind of gross when I laid my head down. Fortunately, only one was like this. The pillows were fairly firm as well, which is to my liking.

The bathroom was also large, with a large shower as well. The water pressure was not that good, but only slightly below average. It did fluctuate in the morning, but not too badly. I read others complain about hot water, and two of my colleagues mentioned this as well. I didn't notice any major problems, but I would say my water was not overly hot, especially on my first day.

The room was very quiet and I didn't notice any noise from outside.

I did not try the restaurant in the hotel, but the hotel has access to many restaurants and cafes within a few minutes walk because of the proximity to T2.

We used one of the meeting rooms and although a bit small for our group, it was comfortable and all systems worked well. No issues!

Checking out was easy, but I did check out later than most, at about 9:30 am.

Overall, I had a good experience and would likely use the hotel again. I am concerned about the comments on hot water though. This is one of my main pet peeves and this bothers me. As this was my first trip into Mexico City, I don't know if other hotels might be a better choice, but I would certainly give it another go next time I am in town.

For reference, I had room 2091.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We value your feedback and appreciate the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexic.o City, and I do apologize for the inconvenience of a lengthy check in at the Front Desk

The deficiencies you mention are definitely not acceptable. I can assure you that steps have been taken to ensure that the time for the checking in process as well as the key card issues experienced by other guests are solved.

My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 and of being of service to you in the near future, I am sure we will exceed your expectations. Once again, please accept our apologies.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a business one night and was really disappointed.
rooms are very very vey far.
I mean you drug your suitcases to the elevator, then once you get off the elevator this hotel is like a huge circle without that center short cut for the rooms for opposite side of the circle.
so if your room is located on the other side of the circle, there is no short cut. you have to go around until you reach your room and it is not close at all.
so make sure to ask for rooms that are closer to the elevator.
for me, i had really really far room and when i got to the room....... My Key Did not work....... it was a nightmare.
but their breakfast is really great.
It is mexican food breakfast and very good variation of food.
room is clean and stylish but bathroom doors are not well adjusted so stuck in the middle of opening positions etc. could be much better.
great location for people who has limited time in Mexico City as this hotel is attached to the terminal at MEX.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay.

The issue you experienced with the key card is definitely not acceptable and I can assure you that steps have been taken to ensure full functionality of the equipment in all of the hotel’s guest rooms.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

good location (as it is near Terminal 2), this is my second time in NH hotel and it was excellent as usual, the exception is the lack of hot water in the bathroom, I'm not sure if it was only my room but since I was not in hurry I did not report it but it would be great if I had hot water.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We value your feedback and thank you for the time taken to evaluate our services and instalations. It is very important for us ate NH Aeropeurto Terminal 2 Mexico City to receive your comments and I do apologize for not meeting your expectations 100%.

The issue you experienced with the hot water in your room are definitely not the norm and I can assure you that steps have been taken to ensure full functionality of the equipment in all of the hotel’s guest rooms.

Barueri, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

The good advantage of this hotel is its location, straight at the terminal 2 of Ciudad de Mexico airport. You don't have to take any transport and with your luggage chariot you will reach the hotel. The facilities are good, service is reasonable, there is spa, swimming pool, ample rooms. Avoid the restaurant but by taking the lift you have different options at the terminal

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback and apologize for the any inconveniences you had during your stay.

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest in. My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 and of being of service to you in the near future,

I am sure we will exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for your valuation of our hotel.

SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We arrived in Mexico City the night before our early morning Aeromexico flight out of the Terminal 2 the next morning. The hotel is in the airport, and the next morning, it took us five minutes to reach our gate. This is most convenient for flights leaving from Terminal 2 (Delta, Aeromexico), but it should be easy to catch a shuttle to Terminal 1, also. Nice modern hotel with large rooms, great bathroom/shower. Huge breakfast buffet with a lot of options in the morning. We thought we would hear airport noise, but it was amazingly quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your comments about NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2, we always appreciate our guest´s comments and feed back about our services and installations. My team and I are glad to have met your expectations and hope we can be of service to you again in the near future!

Thank you again for your valuation.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

My preferred location to stay in Mexico City Airport...Proximity to airport terminals, comfortable rooms, great bar/restaurant options...Layout of the Hotel is Contemporary and staff is friendly....Highly recommended!!!

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for the time you took to review your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City, we welcome your feedback and value the assessment of our hotel's installations and services. I am glad that we were able to live up to your expectations.

My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 in the near future,

Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed now 5+ times at NH in Terminal 2. Very convenient, especially for late arrivals with Delta/Aeromexico. Less than 5 mins from passport control to head on pillow. Modern and good enough amenities. I will be back

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest

On behalf of the team at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City, I would like to thank you for the review you wrote about our hotel, we welcome your feedback and value the assessment of our hotel's installations and services.

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest in especially before or after a long flight. I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations.

We appreciate the opportunity of hou aving been of service to yon this an previous occasions and will be glad to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 in the near future.