“Worst hotel ever”

Ranked #35 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Worst hotel ever”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am staying at the NH hotel Mexico City Airport, this is the 3rd time I have stayed here, when I checked in, I asked for a room with an alarm clock,because on previous stays there wasn't one, when I got to my room , no clock. I called reception and they nsaid they would bring me one. I hour later I went to nreception and spoke to the duty manager, I asked him if he had ever stayed in a hotel.Especially at an airport, you need to have a clock visable when you wake up in the night, clock watching. Again he said one will be sent up. I hour later still no clock.
Phoned reception again, they said they would call me back.
Room is dated not bvery clean. won't be staying here again or any other NH hotel

Room Tip: Go to the Marriot in the next terminal
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nickpardoe
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Pardoe

I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay.

The management staff and I are dedicated to offer the quality and standard of services you expect from a hotel like the NH Aeropuerto in Terminal 2, and the deficiencies you mention are definitely not acceptable. I can assure you that steps have been taken to ensure these types of incidents do not occur again.

My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 and of being of service to you in the near future, I am sure we will exceed your expectations. Once again, please accept our apologies.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grass Lake, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Disappointed in checkin. Was given a key to a room on 3rd floor that was already occupied. I arrived at 10pm so the guest in THAT room was very unhappy-as was I.

Staff does not seem to answer front desk telephone so had to walk all the way back down to checkin to rearrange a new room. Of course, they then forgot to transfer my wake up call. Short night for me as I had to be up at 6am so needless to say my rest was rather brief.

Rooms were surprisingly quiet considering hotel was in the airport. Short walk to security after checkout.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Guest

I welcome your feedback and appreciate the time you took to review your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City.

Our aim is to provide our guests with a comfortable room to rest in and professional, friendly staff to make your stay an enjoyable one, and I do apologize for not having met all of your expectations. I have passed on your comments to my staff and I can assure you steps have been taken to ensure that inconveniences such as the ones you mention are corrected.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

All of the staff members were really nice at all times, the accommodations are great and the hotel is huge. The pool is great, it's pretty quiet besides the location, it's not expensive and it's worth your stay :)

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Alexa G.

I would like to thank you for the time you took to review your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City, we welcome your feedback and value the assessment of our hotel's installations and services.

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest in especially before or after a long flight. I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations.

My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 in the near future,

Antwerp
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here from 15 - 16 july 2013, arriving overnight from Santiago and waiting for another flight to Acapulco. This was our second stay, also in 2011 we slept here for one night after a bad connection in Mexico (which was not caused by the hotel off course)
Check in was very cold, the lady at the desk could not smile at all, maybe she had a bad night as well? Somewhere I must have understood the conversation wrong, as we were charged 60USD extra for early check in before 15PM.True, we were early, around 10AM.
When we went for a little walk to get our boarding passes printed, we were caughed in the middle of some kind of press moment and we were told by some hotel manager not to use the elevator as it would disturb the press conference. Well, the stairs took us right in the middle of the action, so if you see 2 tourists walking across a TV monitor, don't blaim us.
We went to the restaurant for dinner and signed the check to our room's account. Minutes later we were called by the restaurant manager in our room, stating that our account was closed and that we had to come down to pay the meal. After some discussion, a guy came up with the payment machine, which did not work due to bad connection (wifi?).
All in all this is indeed a modern new kind of hotel, conveniently located for traveller's stuck or waiting connection. However we did not feel very welcome, it seemed more important to get our credit card billed first than provide the / any services.
FYI, we stayed overnight in the Courtyard Marriott over at T1 some weeks earlier, was a much better experience, with free late check out and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Try and avoid a room close to the restaurant as you do hear some noise in your room. Rooms on the ot...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yvesandheidi

Turin, Italy
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have slept in different hotels at teh Mexico City Airport. If you arrive at Terminal 2, reaching hotels located in Terminal 1 can be a nightmare as travellers without a boarding pass of a flight leaving from the other terminal are barred from using the fast and convenient internal train. Traffic can cause an airport shuttle to take almost ano hour to run the few kilometers between the two terminal. For this reason I decided to stay at the NH on therminal 2 even if the price is certainly higher than comparable hotels in Terminal 1.

I found nothing wrong with the hotel. The rooms are nice and clean, the staff nice, the bathroom impeccable, the bed comfortable. Still, something is missing. For the price you pay, you come away thinking that something more should have been there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest

I appreciate the time you took to review your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City.

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest in especially before or after a long flight. Your comments are very valuable to us and I can assure you we are implementing new ways in which to exceed our guests' expectations.

GUATEMALA NA
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is located within the T2 Terminal of mexico's city airport. You would think is absolutely noisy with that much people and air traffic but its surprinsingly quiet, is mostly for business travelers but acommodates families for layovers as well. I've used it often and results in good comfort, great food, good service and best of all you don't have to leave the airport for next day travel. Also buses leave from one temrinal to another and a electric train, so there's no need to walk a lot to get to your gate.

Hope this is helpful.

Room Tip: lower level not close to and elevator or emergency exit
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ALEJANDRO V
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you and appreciate the time you took to write to us about your stay at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City, we welcome your feedback and value the review about our hotel's installations and services.

My team and I hope to be able to be of service to you at NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 during your next trip through Mexico City .

Rome, Italy
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The room was clean and spacious. It had the sort of European "minimalist" styling to it -- attractive but not totally functional/practical. There are water-saving faucets with very little water pressure, the shower had a strangely-shaped shower head that looked interesting but didn't really work, etc.

I was a little put off when I went into the bathroom and saw two bottles of water on the counter -- but with tags on them advertising their (rather high) price. In a country where one can't drink the tap water, why would they charge for bottled water in an already-expensive hotel? However, after a bit of examination I discovered that the tap water there is supposedly purified. That is why they charge for bottled water.

However, the tap water had a putrid sulfur-ish smell to it. So I went to the 7-11 in the airport and bought my own bottle over water for less than half the hotel's price.

The room was advertised as having a mini bar, which was really a small refrigerator with a window on the front of it that was locked, and the key was nowhere to be found. I didn't see a price list or anything, but I would expect that if I could have gotten into it it would have cost me a fair amount. There were two cans of beer, a few different sodas, some chips, some coffee, and some peanuts inside.

There was a router mounted on the ceiling in the hallway not far outside my door, but the internet signal was extremely weak the whole time I was there.

The staff were very friendly. I did not eat at the hotel restaurant; there were rarely more than a few people in it. The hotel bar seemed to have a bit more traffic, and at one point there was live music there. The hotel also has a pool and a gym.

There was a duct-based central air system with a thermostat in the room; even when I turned it down to 18 degrees celsius the room never really got "chilly". It always felt a bit humid also. I had the impression that the system was not designed to handle the size of the room or to adequately dehumidify.

I got my room at 45% off through a prominent travel web site, and it was still quite expensive. I can't imagine ever paying full price for a place like this. I paid the 45% off amount only out of necessity. This is the type of place that charges a lot and then everything is a la carte besides -- for example, breakfast was not free either.

To summarize, it is overpriced, has attractive but somewhat impractical rooms, weak internet, but friendly staff/service. It's a mixed bag. I would only stay there again if it were necessary, as it was this past time due to travel interruptions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AmericanLivingInRome
Dear Guest

Our aim is to provide our guests with functional installations and services, a comfortable room to rest in and professional, friendly staff to make your stay an enjoyable one, and I do apologize for not having met all of your expectations. I have passed on your comments to the management team and I can assure you steps have been taken to ensure that inconveniences such as the weak internet signal you mention are corrected.

My staff and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 and of being of service to you in the near future, I am sure we will exceed your expectations. Once again, please accept our apologies.