“Perfect for the purpose!”

NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2
Ranked #36 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Perth
“Perfect for the purpose!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

As others have said you only stay here because you are in transit or have an early flight, but if you do stay for that reason, you will find the hotel to be spotless, quiet as a tomb for sleeping and the staff are really helpful! If needs be I would happily stay again and would recommend it to anyone with an early flight

1 Thank IloCon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The only real reason to stay at this hotel is because you're in transit, or you have a meeting scheduled there. My reason was the first - I needed to catch an early flight out the following morning, so I stayed overnight. Note that there are three different airport hotels in two different terminals, and the terminals are on opposite sides of the airport, requiring a shuttle train and security checks. We stayed at this hotel since our flight the next morning was from T2, even though our arrival flight landed at T1. It made navigating the airport easier the next morning.

The hotel is fine, but I didn't get overly excited about it. The lobby and hallways have a very big, cavernous feel to them - it's just the way the hotel is designed. Some might find that a nice touch, but to me, with all the concrete and steel, it made the hotel seem cold and uninviting.

The check-in went easily enough. If you've never been to a hotel in Mexico, don't be surprised when they swipe your card for more than the estimated bill, and have you sign the receipt - that's just in case you decide to skip without paying. When you pay your bill, they'll give you both copies back, and the charge won't show up on your account.

The room was decorated in a modern, Euro style. Everything was nice and functional, but the room also had a cold feel to it. I think it might have been due to the hard wood floors - carpet would have helped a lot.

We ate dinner at the restaurant downstairs, and had a good meal. The waitress spoke limited, but sufficient, English to allow most of us to order food. We got a little hung up trying to make sure that a couple in the group got vegetarian dinners, though, but with rudimentary Spanish, we could manage.

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom nice, TV worked well. Never heard an airplane while there, so there are no real complaints - it was just not a warm, relaxing hotel. I'd probably stay there again in the same situation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is the second time we have used NH Aeropuerto T2 Mexico and we were not disappointed. From the moment you enter the hotel you know that this is a first class establishment. The reception personnel are very friendly, knowledgable, and prompt. The rooms are really of good quality and design - minimalist but very functional. The hard wood floors and contemporary furniture actually give a sense of calm. The bathroom is extremely well designed with seperate areas for sink, shower and toilet - all very functional. The privacy design allows two people the opportunity to use the washroom at the same time without bumping into each other. The beds and bedding are first rate and very comfortable. While we did not use the restaurant this trip, I remember it as serving excellent food by knowledgable wait staff. All in all, a wonderful oasis when travelling.

Room Tip: Ask for a king-sized bedroom - the space is great with a lovely chase lounger as an added bonus for...
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We travel to Mexico frequently and missed our connection to another city so decided to stay at this hotel. We travel all over the world with service animals that are certified for a recognized ADA medical condition and have the proper documentation. When attempting to book a room for the evening, we were first told by the front desk that it was absolutely fine and then security refused a room as he this hotel does not allow "pets" of any kind, even for disabled people. When questioning the front desk staff if our medical situation were that we blind, we were also told that a service animal for a blind person would not be permitted in any of their rooms. When attempting to speak with a manager concerning our situation, a rude security staff person approached us and escorted us to the exit elevators.

Stayed December 2012
3 Thank mandmsilverman
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Continuing my review, I have a new surprise, everyday here the wi-fi finish, so I suppose that every guess need to call the front desk to ask a new... I did it, the surprise was that I was 1 1/2 hour trying to call the Internet support and the front desk, even I called to the manager but without response... Do you imagine one hour and a half, trying to call just to ask a wi-fi new code?, well I yes.
Fifth; AT THE SHOWER; yesterday after came back from the gym I took a shower, the water flux is without pressure what means that it is like in one standard sink of course without high pressure, but anyway, next to the plafond inside the shower I saw a electricity cables just like that, outside their place, and of course I think that it is not suppose to happen in one worldwide hotel, NH HOTEL, but it was just the beginning of the bad maintenance.
After that I was to the bed and this morning I realized that the blankets are dirty,,, o my good, it is unbelievable for me, fortunately it is a yellow part which is from a paint but again, is it normal??? I think no. Continuing, the little site also is dirty in many places, in fact I can see that for the people who works here is "normal" to see all these details and to say, is normal.
Sixth; THE AC, My room is in front of a big circular open space in the thirth floor, if you stop the AC it become very hot in a few minutes, so you need to leave the AC all day, it is so loud that makes the room very uncomfortable.
Telling about the windows, I would like to see the big central space open and circular, but the window is so dirty that I can see maybe 50%, in conclusion the architecture and interior design is dirty inside and outside.
Surely I am forgetting a coupe of things but I will be until next Sunday and this time I am decided to upload all my experience because I will pay more than $700 for three nights in this tourist trap, dirty and extremely over value hotel.
See you tomorrow.

• Stayed December 2012
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel is attached to the Mexico City airport, making it very convenient for folks stuck for the night. We missed our flight out, unfortunately and needed someplace to stay. We have been to NH's before and they have been a good experience. This convenience comes at a price though. Our night for two set us back $190 US. As mentioned in other reviews, there is a coffee machine in the room, but the grounds are in the servi bar without any prices, so it's hard to know if you can make yourself some coffee for free in the morning or not. The room is modern and the bed was comfy. Water pressure varied as did the hot water. In summary, this sure beats sleeping in the airport, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Room Tip: Dining at the hotel is very good and reasonable.
Belgium
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had an early morning flight from MEX, so decided to give it a try to this hotel. well, it was quite fantastic. The rooms were modernly decorated and extremely quiet, considering that it's on an airport, quite an accomplishment.
The breakfast room was spacious and with plenty of choices
The gym, (one of my highest workouts ever .. 2.300 m above sea level) was big, plenty of devices good quality treadmills...
Really a very positive stay, shame it was just for one night ;-)
Ah yes, just one minor point, if you want a bottle of water ... you must call the Room service (and of course you are charged) !! First time ever I have such an experience

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business