“Great, comfortable stay - love this hotel!”

Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Ranked #17 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
“Great, comfortable stay - love this hotel!”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I stayed at the new Hilton Mexico City Reforma for a long weekend earlier this month with my niece and her friend. We had two rooms, side-by-side, and they were lovely, with great views over the Centro Historico and very spacious. I didn't think I booked a suite or larger room, but our rooms on the 24th floor seemed especially grand. I had stayed here several times previously when the hotel was a Sheraton, but it appears to be in better condition, and with better service now as a Hilton. The beds are very comfortable and I loved my big marble bathroom. We had room service our first night...and it was prompt and very good. But of course, nothing beats the breakfast at the famous El Cardenal restaurant in the lobby - a great Mexican experience. I saw one other review that said they did not like tourists - I have never found that to be the case. I have always been royally welcomed at this restaurant, and I am obviously a gringa! This is a good hotel for being near the Zocalo, Bellas Artes and lovely new Museo del Arte Popular. I highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank FirstLoveTravel
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments.
We are very happy that your stay at the new Hilton Mexico City Reforma pleased you.
The hotel being located within walking distance of the historical center of Mexico City is an asset for our guests.
The "Cardenal" Restaurant is definitely an icon of Mexican cuisine.
Next time you come to Mexico City we will waiting for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mexico City
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed at Hilton for a wedding. I think this is one of the best Hilton Hotels I have ever been. Rooms are great, Staff is also great. And the view of our room was also very nice. Try la Terraza cafe, is really a nice place to take lunch. I would recommend this Hilton Hotel in Mexico City

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank willmexicocity
Thank you very much for taking the time and share your comments and recomendations
We are haapy to hear that you like the size of the rooms, the decoration and the incredible views to downtown Mexico City.
"La Terraza" Restaurant is a must to visit on the 6th floor. The food and service are worth trying.
Please next time you visit Mexico City it will be our pleasure to serve you again.
aruba
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Very god hotel, nice lobby, pretty building, extremly corteous staff. I travel often and this one is a very good choice. I've been at the intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Nikko and this one is the best by far (but a different location from the others) I got an upgrade because of my gold status and got a larger room with a seating area at floor 26, 2 tvs, large bathroom, etc, very nice room and was able to sleep well, something that doesn´t happen often during my trips to this city. I liked the gym very much, which i enjoyed every day of my stay. very good buffet at the mornings beside the pool at floor 6th in a nice terrace. Hotel seems to be a place for politicians and VIP's, you often spot bodyguards and security details of some customers. There's a famous mexican restaurant at the lobby: El Cardenal: good mexican food in a nice atmosphere but they don´t like tourists, beware.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hilton Mexico City Reforma.
We are very happy to know that we are in Mexico City an Excellent choice according to you.
Since we have a privileged location in downtown we have all kind of guests staying with us.
On regards to "El Cardenal", which is a conssecion at the property it is on of the best Mexican restaurants in the city, I will let the owners know about your comment.
We hope next time you visit Mexico City the Hilton Mexico City Reforma will be your only choice of hotel , and we will have the honor to assist you.
Phoenix
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I was lucky enough to get the suggest to try this hotel from a taxi driver upon arriving at the airport for an impromptu leisure trip to Mexico City. The service is absolutely amazing. On one of my nights stay I was feeling a little under the weather and lazy but had wanted to get a few grocery items which werent available at the hotel's main store so concierge (Hymie), was able to get someone to go to the grocery store late in the evening (11pmish) and actually have someone deliver the items to my room! How great is that? The fitness center is amazing, up to date with the latest equipment. Although I never got a chance to eat at the onsite restaurant (located on the 6th floor), it looked absolutely beautiful while I toured it. The view from my 23rd floor window was breathtaking and the rooms were comfortable, well furnished and decorated. The hotel had a great upscale/professional feeling to it carrying an amazingly affordable price tag. When I first entered, I was literally thinking "Oh great this taxi guy brought me to a hotel thats probably around $300 a night" when I found out my room was only $110 per night I was completely surprised. My only complaint is that use of the business center computers for internet access carrying a fee, (I believe it was somewhere around 30 pesos for 15 minutes). I guess thats not too bad but complimentary access for guests would have been nice :)

Highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will most definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank steveb155
Thank you for taking the time and send us such a generous feedback.
We are very pleased that the service of the Hilton Mexico City Reforma was up to your standars.
I will tell Jaime our concierge that you mentioned and valued his service when you needed the groceries that late at night.
We hope that next time you visit Mexico City you will give us once again the opportunity to assist you.
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed June 25, 2010

As a Hilton Gold Member I must say the Staff of this hilton do a superb job of taking care of there customers!I was looking for a ATM and the one in hotel was out of service so I asked one of the staff where I could find one and he actually walked me out of the hotel to next door and showed me a ATM,now that is service and just one example of the excellent staff of hilton mexico city.
The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have seen,I didnt pay as a Hilton gold member but I believe its around $10 which if I had to I would have paid for all the food and service received,the waitress we had while there was very attentive and very nice,she was originally from argentina.
If you want a nice room and excellent service to include great location this is the hotel.
Dont worry about any problems, if something should arise there are many staff located throughout the lobby to take care of you.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scott f
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable comments . We are very pleased to know that our service and the quality of our food were up to your standars. Everyday each one of the team members as well as myself work very hard in every detail to make sure our guests have a memorable experience at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, wether there are gold or silver.
We hope to see you soon next time you travel to Mexico City.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2010

This is a 5 star hotel. Lovely rooms, nice lobby, wonderful service - all round excellent experience. Don't know if it was a good value because I haven't compared prices. If I was going to pick nits, though, I would ask for instructions in English about what to do in case of an earthquake and the reception on my TV was awful for about a third of the channels, but I didn't ask for repairs because I had very little time for TV. The buffet meals at Restaurant Don were very good, but I don't eat huge amounts, so it was not a good value for me.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 2ta
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
I'm glad you enjoy the hotel and the great food at "LOS DONES" restaurant.
I will also check on the reception of the TV that you mention.
We hope to see you nest time you visit Mexico City
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This Hilton is actually located on the site of a former Sheraton. When I was there, they had just opened and the pool and executive floors were not ready. The staff made up for this with incredible Mexican hospitality and some extra "perks." My room was wonderful - with a great view of Mexico City. The wine bar-restaurant on the premises had some terrific selections. In addition, the location was perfect for my needs - within walking distance to Bellas Artes, the National Museum of Art and other worthy sites.

I've been to Mexico City more than a dozen times - and usually traveling solo. If you take the same precautions that one would take in any city, you will be okay. And this staff took special care to watch out for me. While it is a little more expensive than hotels where I've stayed before in Mexico City (and a bigger hotel than I normally prefer), I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank lapintura
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, June 15, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.
I must agree that our location is one of our assets allowing our guests to be within walking distances of historical sites.
Next time you are in Mexico City we invite you to enjoy our newly renovated indoor/outdooor pool area and our soon to be open executive lounge.