“Comfortable, Business-Style Hotel next to the "Alameda Central"”

Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Ranked #16 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Denver, Colorado
“Comfortable, Business-Style Hotel next to the "Alameda Central"”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is one of my favorite Hilton hotels in the world! I stay there whenever I get to Mexico City on business.

Here is why: First, it's in a very central location right next to the historic center of the city and across the street from the oldest park in the city, called the "Alameda Central". Second, the staff is amazing! The level of customer service is excellent, to the point they remember my name (and I'm only there a few times each year). Third, it's a clean, modern hotel with all of the great amenities Hilton offers. And lastly, if you are a Gold or Diamond Hilton member, they have a wonderful lounge on the 26th floor, complete with free breakfast, happy hour, and personalized service. You will enjoy watching the sun set from this perch above the city!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are away from the traffic below and are a bit more quiet. All of the roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gambier, Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2013

WE stayed on the 23rd floor and got a good rate by prepaying. The view was great and I think any of the views from the hotel will be acceptable if you are on a higher up floor. The restaurant of the first floor was great but crowded in the morning so we got pastries from Sanborn's and made coffee in our room. This saved time and money. The hotel's 'taxi' was definitely a cleaner and nicer way to get places but also 3 times more expensive than a regular taxi. If you get a taxi on the street or a sitio taxi from a stand the cars may not be very clean, but it was really easy to get a ride that way, fast and cheap, and I never felt unsafe. Just be sure to get one that is licensed. The staff at the Hilton was very friendly and accommodating and be sure to use the concierge if you have any question. He was very nice.

Room Tip: high floor for a view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rosepatch63
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2013

3rd time in Mexico and having stayed in the business district earlier, wanted to try the historic part, though the two areas arent that far, but the traffic in Mexico can make even a mile take a while. Anyways, so chose this Hotel and loved it all ends up. Grand contemporary lobby, pleasant front desk staff and being a status holder with Hilton, got an upgrade to a room on the Executive Club floor which was awesome. The room I got however didnt had the view I was looking for and thus I requested for a room change the next day, kindly enough they gave me a corner room, one with large bay windows overlooking the historic Zocalo.

The Executive club in non-US Hilton hotels are fantabulous, unlike the ones in US where they serve a minimalistic food fare and complimentary drinks are limited to a beer, but not here, you can order any drink and the food they serve is great too so thats a sure shot perk. The pool at this hotel is great too and overlooks the historic part of the city. The restaurant next to the pool was awesome and the one at the lobby area was slightly expensive. Breakfast in the exec club is lavish, again unlike US, you can order cooked omelettes and stuff.

The hotel is right next to the Zocalo area, a great place to walk and the place boasts of several restaurants and clubs. The Palace of Arts is right next door too which has regular Opera shows at a dirt cheap price.

All in all, this was a wonderful stay, the staff was wonderful and friendly too. Loved every bit of it.

There is an Embassy Suites in the financial distt. so depending upon what you are in the city for, Vacation or Work, you can opt for either of these properties but any which ways, you will love it there.

Room Tip: Opt for a room on the highest possible floor overlooking Zocalo. Opt for a corner room which has flo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed at hotel with family of four. Purchased Family Package rate which with an extra $20 gave us a full breakfast for four. Room is modern and clean, but air conditioning a bit noisy. Hotel conveniently located walking distance from center of City with many historic buildings and museums. One highly recommended is the Museum of Popular Art just around the corner. If you are a frequent traveler and have points to use, it is worth upgrading to Executive Floor for great views of the city and happy hour free drinks and snacks.

Room Tip: Executive floor 25-27
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 29, 2013

It was my third stay at this property in less than a year's time...and everytime i should say the level of services have gone down. I booked the Business room on executive floor, and i was alloted a room on normal floor, 4 levels below the executive floors, and i discovered it only after reaching my room..on asking why no executive floor, i got the most vague answer possible, "we dont have any rooms left." and on asking the front desk about the wrong category i was alloted, they tell me that it was a up grade for me!! but it was a total lie as it was a simple business room but NOT on executive floor, i made my reservation a month before my check in date!! and in the my stay of 4 nights no body from management tried to answer my issue, infact till date i have no explanation for the same. The Break fast at Executive floor seems to be some left overs from there main restaurant. I did try writing several mails to Hilton, still awaiting a reply on my concerns.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PankajNagdev
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I truly apologize if we were not able to accommodate you in the rooms you had originally requested. As i now your comment has been attended by our front office manager and our Director of operation who will contact you you as soon as possible.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Modern Hilton, right in the middle of the old city as to speak. Great location as well.
I mean you get what you would expect from a Hilton.
Superb Breakfast, great staff.
Rooms are comfortable and with a quiet modern design (my room had a few technical flaws but nothing serious). The only negative thing about the room is the level of noise the air conditioning is making - even when set on low (earplugs mandatory).
Staff is friendly and efficient.
It can be rather busy in the lobby and elevators at times as this hotel also provides to conventions.
If you like the Hilton brand you will like this hotel...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Anglesey, North Wales
Reviewed March 25, 2013

When you book an executive room in a 5 star Hilton hotel you expect a certain high standard of care and attention to detail. Sadly, this was not our experience at the Hilton Reforma.

Our welcome and check in on the 26th floor was less than acceptable and had us twiddling our thumbs for 15 minutes whilst the two receptionists apparently had an initial problem with our credit card, although what it was we do not know as neither of them spoke to us. At one point our bell hop, standing by patiently with our luggage, brough me a newspaper to pass the time.

The room on the 24th floor was pleasant enough with an excellent view but lacked some of the amenities listed on the web site including bathrobes and slippers. It took nearly 24 hours and 3 requests before we had both bathrobes - but only one pair of slippers. At this point we gave up.

We stayed three nights and on the evening prior to our departure we enquired about an extended check-out. We were told that our Hilton Honors membership entitled us to a 4 p.m. check out and that it was not necessary to reprogramme the keys. We arrived back at our room at 1.40 p.m. on the day of our departure to find ourselves locked out. On that same day we had two visits from the chambermaid wanting to clean our room before we had checked our plus a man asking if everything in our room was OK....on the afternoon of our last day??

When we checked out, no one enquired whether we had enjoyed our stay and we had the same offhand, bored, disinterested treatment from the receptionist on the 26th floor.

On the positive side, the concierge services and the staff in the executive floor bar area were all helpful and attentive and there was a good atmosphere during Happy Hour. Breakfast in the lounge was relaxed and the service was good. The location of the hotel is good - within easy walking distance of the historic district and several very interesting museums with a Metro station nearby with a good service (change once) to the Museum of Anthropology which is well worth a visit.

On the whole, our visit was soured by the contrast between our expectations, based on previous Hilton stays and the reviews on Tripadvisor, and the reality. We have stayed in many Hilton hotels throughout the world and this was definitely the most disappointing in terms of the level of service and staff attitudes. Should we ever visit Mexico City again we would not even consider staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cilgwyn
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.