On the recommendation of a friend who had stayed in Casa Gonzalez often since the 1970s, my son, myself and 3 teen aged girls spent last weekend there. We were warned not to expect glossy high style accommodations. We didn't expect to find a treasure. The hotel is made up of three large 1920's house braided together without the interference of an architect or designer. Much of the furniture is from the 30's, the dining room has a portrait of a stylish lady in period evening dress, and possibly some interesting traveler will be enjoying the nicely served breakfast at the same time you are. It's a little like visiting your great aunt if you were lucky enough to have one who had hung onto the family house in a good neighborhood (the British Embassy is down the street). The staff were warm, welcoming and eager to help. You park your car within the gates. It was cool when we were there so didn't miss air-conditioning. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The beds are okay if not luxurious and the bedding borders on eccentric. An example of the friendly, personal service: I left my small down pillow behind and it was sent by courier the next day! All this for an amazingly low price for a desirable, convenient area in Mexico City!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City