This small, family-owned and operated hotel is a truly amazing find in the heart of Mexico City. The location is within walking distance of the Centro Historico and Bosque Chapultapec - we also walked to the Luis Barragan House with no effort. The owner, Jorge, is prepared to go out of his way to ensure your comfort and to help with any travel or sight-seeing arrangements. The service and cleanliness are outstanding and the area is safe and interesting - many restaurants nearby. We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend Casa Gonzales.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City