I have stayed here twice but will not go back. After arriving at one a.m. I found no bottled water in the room (the room bar was locked) and most of the bed's decorative cushions were on the floor. Obviously the staff didn't expect the room to be occupied.
There was nothing in the room listing the hotel restaurants or other amenities. I wandered around until forced to ask for help (sorry, I don't give tips just because they can't put up a few signs).
Breakfast buffet excellent, Morimoto's outstanding with the best service I have ever seen, Bice Bistro appalling in food and service.
Staff varied from friendly to grumpy to downright rude. The charge for Internet is ridiculous considering that it only worked occasionally in my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Real Polanco is unique architectural concept, created by highly-regarded architect Ricardo Legorreta. This space is considered a Hotel-Museum for its beauty and art collection. It opened its doors to the public on July 25, 1968, combining modern features with shapes clearly reminiscent of Prehispanic pyramids, the elements of which merge together to create a wonderful architectural work. Camino Real Polanco has hosted two soccer World Cups and the Olympic Games, as well as over 210 official visits from presidents and kings from all over the world. Category 5 Stars / 4 Diamonds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Camino Real Polanco Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Camino Real Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Camino Real
- Camino Real Polanco Mexico Mexico City