For my 2nd business trip to Mexico, I had a chance to stay in this hotel as the other choices were fully booked. I wasn't mightily impressed with what I experienced over 6 nights.
1) When I checked in on the morning of 10th Feb 2014, the lady manning the reception probably wasn't in good mood. She didn't even bother to smile at me while pulling a long face throughout the check in. I told her that my name was wrong and I thought she would make amendments to it. I was wrong because when I checked out, I realised my name on the bill was still wrong. I told her to amend it but didn't expect her to throw the old piece of bill (with the wrong name) in front of me. Yes, it was the same lady attending to me during check in & check out. Customer service is non existent!
2) Next up, the dreaded walk to the hotel room. As many reviews on this webpage mentioned, the walk to the room can be quite long. I estimated mine to be about 150 meters from the elevator. So that's a walk of 300 meters everyday to & fro my hotel room.
3) The room wasn't in the best condition and you can see it's age. There were no complimentary water, no room slippers, no toiletries. And the room was very dark with inadequate lightings. I got a room that was facing the road and the honking from the vehicles starts at 7am and there is no chance you can get decent sleep.
After all the bashings, let's give it credit when it's due.
1) The breakfast is simply excellent! The service at the restaurant was good and so were the food. It had a generous spread every morning and I never once got tired of the selection of food throughout my 6 mornings.
2) Though the room was old but the bed and pillows were very comfortable. I rested well throughout my 6 nights of stay.
If you do not mind lousy service, long walk to a dark and gloomy room go for this hotel. But I probably will not stay here again if I was given a choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Real Polanco is unique architectural concept, created by highly-regarded architect Ricardo Legorreta. This space is considered a Hotel-Museum for its beauty and art collection. It opened its doors to the public on July 25, 1968, combining modern features with shapes clearly reminiscent of Prehispanic pyramids, the elements of which merge together to create a wonderful architectural work. Camino Real Polanco has hosted two soccer World Cups and the Olympic Games, as well as over 210 official visits from presidents and kings from all over the world. Category 5 Stars / 4 Diamonds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Camino Real Polanco Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Camino Real Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Camino Real
- Camino Real Polanco Mexico Mexico City