read good review in tripadvisor so went there.
1. the waitress dress in very fine costume
2. the dining room is huge, it show some history
3. a lot of people, seems like local, some dress up, some casual.
1. food is soso, we enjoyed food in small cafe, restaurant in Merida, San Cristobal, DF. And for some reason their food (fish, pork) taste soso. maybe we didn't order the right one.
2. the bill show some extra $. in menu beer is 35 peso, and they charge 45 peso. We don't remember the exact cost of beer, so when we walked out of the restaurant, I pick up the menu and double check the price, it's 35 peso. I pointed to the waiter by the table and said the bill is wrong (in English and Spanish) -- maybe my Spanish is poor or he don't understand English, he shrug and walked away. So I wait for the waitress who served us, and point the price to her. She adjust the price and give back the change, cold face, no sorry.
We also order pina colada, bill show 75.5 peso. we asked the list price, and the waitress said it's not listed there. I believe they charge more, because we got a bigger pina colada in a nearby cafe, cost 50 peso, which they charge 30peso during happy hour. Since she said it's not listed in the menu, we could no verify.
3. charge 15% tip for 2 person. I read the post that typically tip is 10%-15%. The service we received is bear minimal, most likely due to our poor Spanish. Pretty much waitress disappear once she brought the food. I really want to tip 10%, but told 15% is needed because of 2 person. The total bill end up with 400 peso.
With the food, service, we felt we could enjoy more in other place. However if you are looking for something unique (architecture wise), it's a nice place to go.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.