“It's ok”

Ranked #259 of 309 Hotels in Mexico City
Marseilles, Illinois
“It's ok”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

This hotel is ok. It appears to have a nice restaurant but didn't use it. The staff was friendly. The hotel room smelled like stale cigarettes. The beds were not that comfortable. We got a great price but decided after staying there we would have preferred to pay more and get a better place. Location is great. It is right near the Benito Juarez memorial.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Pescadito13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel in February as part of a group tour around Mexico...we absolutely loved mexico city and this hotel is in a great location, so dont want to be too melodramatic about our stay here - however i thought it was worth letting people know that on our first afternoon in the Hotel San Francisco our room got robbed! Literally 45 minutes after checking in! We got to the room, left our bags, went out to have a wander around the area and when we returned the lock had been broken and some of our stuff gone. The hotel management were somewhat helpful - they apologised and moved us to a much nicer room, but think it was pretty likely that someone in the hotel was responsible!

The hotel is in a good area - convenient for walking everywhere, and is pretty cheap - but the rooms are pretty barren and i would encourage anyone staying there to make sure all their valuables are locked away!

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank Helen1107

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

St Albans
Reviewed February 27, 2010

When I stayed here it was my first night in Mexico. The road was being dug up at the timeand so was very noisy and dusty. But, the staff were fantastic, very helpful and friendly and a l;evel of service which wa sbetter than most of it's size.
Don't reccommend staying more than one night but it was clean and possibly a lot more enjoyable once the building work is completed

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Mexico
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I went with my family last December to spend new year's eve and even though at the beginning the staff is very friendly , once you are there they never attend your needs. The mattress was very hard and uncomfortable, the pillows are a joke: really small and thick m the noise from outside is not filtrated and the worse thing was that the window didn't close properly and we were at the 8th floor! I got sick because of this bad-shaped window. I constantly reported all this and they only said yes but didn't solve anything.
Don't waste your money on this hotel. There are better ones for a better price, and also don't exchange pesos to dollars, the change rate is too high.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank alex_tripper
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I traveled with one of my friends to Mexico City in November of 2009. This was my third visit to Mexico City and I knew that I wanted to stay near Alameda Central because it is my favorite place. This hotel was the cheapest available with a location near to Alameda Central and so we decided to take our chances. We had a perfect stay! We travelled from the airport by metro stop Hildalgo. From there it was a short walk through the park to the hotel. The hotel is tall and labelled well so that we could find it very easily. The room was spotless clean and very simple. The television had one English station. The shower was amazing....BIG, clean, with nice tiles. The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. They helped us find and book day-tours. When I left my bag of souvenirs on one of the tour buses, they called the driver and tracked it down. They appreciated the little Spanish I tried to speak and sort of 'adopted us'...always looking out for our needs. I read reviews that mentioned the tour groups. We did see that, but the tour groups were handled very efficiently. We would look in the lobby and it would be packed with the tour group, but as soon as we walked up to the counter, we got big smiles and fast service. The hotel is just feet away from the park. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. On Sunday it was fun to see all the bikes going by. I can't stress enough that location was perfect. .....and as cheap as it was...it's a steal! I will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pailin9
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed November 29, 2009

The room was on 14th floor and had the view just like the one on the web, to Palacio de Bellas Artes and the administrative modern buildings, amazing at evening. Location is extremely good for city center (Alameda), with subway 2mn walking.
Room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. American Breakfast was included (eggs, cookies, oj) but personnel insisted on 'service not being included'.
The web fares are VERY good compared to what you find on the place (half the rate). Internet is not free.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Miranda, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2009

It's hard writing a review for this hotel as I've never stayed elsewhere in Mexico City. On the plus side, the location is great, the staff are friendly and helpful, the rates are great and the area is quiet. However the beds were hard, the rooms could be cold and they are also very basic. I will recommend this place though because the pluses do outweigh the minuses.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple