Hotel Ritz Mexico
$159
$141
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmadero streetgreat locationshort walkhot waterstayed here for one nightbreakfast buffetnice hotelspacious roomrecommend this hotelhotel is locatedvisit to mexico citystarbucksmuseometro
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Right in the center of Mexico excellent location
Easy access to everything
Very helpful staff
The room was clean and tidy with a bath tub...the hot water took a while to come through but it was good and consistent when it got there!!!
Starbucks and Carona cafes, cake shops and tacos abound!!
its not "The Ritz" but it is goo value for money and if you haven't been to Mexico city before its and easy place to start

Room Tip: No swimming pool or gym!!!! Quiet rooms but you will need a good memory to locate your room as some are a bit of a journey form reception!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The room with Double Beds was awfully small ! The beds don't even fit inside the room.
Wireless network was down for 5 days the only way to get signal was walking downstairs to the main lobby to get wifi from the reception, the issue was reported to the service desk clerk 5 different times and we didn't get any attention whatsoever, At least not until we requested for the Hotel Supervisor who provided us with a temporary conection that was good for 3 hours only !
The lifter was broken also , there was a day when the lifter was stuck in the middle between 2 storeys and they forced the lifter doors open and the people inside had to climb down from the lifter. I would not recomend this Hotel to anyone and certainly I am not coming back my self.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This hotel was recommended by an American friend in Mexico, but how wrong she was! It's basically a dump for locals from provinces, and not suited for international travelers. Our room was small, old, basic, and was even cleaned when we arrived at 2.30 p.m. It faced a courtyard (nothing you want to go out to), and we were bothered by people talking into late at night. Bedding looked clean but was old. I was so miserable that I used free Internet (the only good thing about this hotel) in the middle of the night to book a room at Hilton Reforma, only a few blocks away and only $50 more (weekend rate). but was so so much better. The room was clean, spacious with a view, and the bed was very very comfortable. Pool was great, and service was superb. What a difference! The lesson I learned is when in Mexico City, don't try to skimp of a few bucks on hotel and go for internationally recognized names -- and avoid "Centro Historico." It's crowded, noisy and dirty, and most buildings are very old and not very well maintained. On top of that, the street in front of Tulip was being dug up for repaving, and was so dusty.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I had fun at Mexico City.
But I was not able to rest well at the Tulip Inn Ritz.
What was nice about it: It was like in the heart of Mexico City, near the cathedral & shopping stalls. A few meters down the road is my favorite ice cream shop...they sell the best ice cream.When I needed my caffeine fix, I just cross the street where I can have a steaming hot cup of coffee plus freshly baked pastries.
The room is really spacious and clean.

What needs to be improved though is:
I was there for 3days and in 3 days, breakfast food is the same. : (
I was not able to sleep well because the bed is kinda hard and the pillows are not that fluffy.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbuff01
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This hotel is located in the heart of the historic district. The hotel is safe and clean. Not for those looking for luxury. It was great for our needs and budget. It is a downtown hotel and therefore noisy. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family