“Bad... needs renovation”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“Bad... needs renovation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've stayed there before. Mexicana (the now defunct/bankrupt Airline) put us up there when our flight was delayed. It hasn't changed much.This reservation was booked thru an auction site, so you stuck with what you get. Room size is adequate for 2 people, bathroom, needs painting, caulking, old, needs renovation, felt dirty, barely minimum western standard. The pool, would not go there, forget it. Staff was slow, but cordial. Hotel shuttle was late, had to wait 45 minutes for a shuttle that was 5 minutes away from the hotel. I'm not going to use the auction site again, for fear of having to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: I am not sure there are any good rooms!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Parksville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our travel agent booked this hotel for me, my son and his friend, both 17 years old. We had a layover enroute to Vancouver International Airport. The hotel shuttle took us directly to the front of the hotel.
Our room was adequate for the three of us. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The bathroom tub surround was in need of an upgrade, but other than that, everything was in repair.
The fitness room looked inviting, as did the pool. Our stay was too short to include anything but sleeping!
We caught the shuttle to the airport early the next morning. That service was excellent!

Room Tip: The ground floor worked well for us; close to amenities and the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed only for one night and let me say is the worst hotel I ever stayed in my life, the first room they gave me have hairs all over the bathtub and used razor, I called front desk and they gave a new room in this one the bathroom was cleaned but when I was ready to sleep I found all the sheets of my bed dirty with ketchup and with hairs, then I called the front desk again and they give a new room this one had bed bugs, at that time it was 2am I tried to ask for refund but since my night was prepaid they did not give me anything, I called a cab and went to Camino Real. Please stay away of this Fiesta Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PC1986

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Mexicali, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I am still itching! I was there for 8 days. First of all I have to say the personel is absolutely charming. I have to say they are all very helpful and nice. The hotel is across the street from one of the ¨metro¨stations and that is very convinient. However, there were mites in my bed! I am still itching very badly. I went to the front desk and reported my incident and they said we are very sorry. The changed us to another room and I had the same problem. I had to go to one of the managers and I told her about it, she (after I asked) offered me a free dinner. They did not offer to wash my clothes for free. They said they could not give me a night free because it was already pre-paid. I have not been able to sleep. I am still itching. If you go to this hotel, make sure they give you a room with zero mite problems. The restaurant is ok. My family and I walked to the establishment next door to have breakfast and dinner they had better choices and better prices. Please think twice about staying in this place. I forgot to say it has a foul odor in the afternoons.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Reigate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed at the Fiesta Inn for two separate one night stays at the beginning and end of our recent holiday in Mexico. We had flown into Mexico City from the UK and were traveling onwards to Tulum on the Yucatan peninsula so we wanted a hotel that was very convenient for the airport but also ok as a base for seeing Mexico City. It worked really well on both counts as it is very close to the airport (about 10-15 minutes walk though you couldn't do that carrying luggage as there are lots of steps) and a regular airport shuttle. Simply go to Puerto 4 at Terminal One (not sure which gate is at Terminal 2, but the shuttle does go there too) and locate the person holding the Fiesta Inn sign, and the shuttle normally appears 10-20 minutes later. There is a nice pool which we used on our last day. They don't have any facilities for showers etc (even in the gym) if like us you are leaving late in the evening, so you would have to pay for an extended checkout, or do without the shower. For room only we paid around £55 for a double room excluding breakfast, which we normally went into the City for. We got the best rate by booking direct with the hotel - it was £5 cheaper than the rate we had got through booking.com. It is located right next to a metro station and the metro system is extensive, fast, safe and cheap - we used it extensively. There is excellent free wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a convenient hotel if you are between two flights in Mexico. Period.

This Fiesta Inn is clean but is in need of some updating. Old bedding, carpets, etc.

24h airport shuttle is convenient. Booking office in the airport terminal.

There isnt much around this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Orange County, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and was disappointed and underwhelmed by the entire stay.

The hotel needs a complete renovation. The hotel room seemed dark, dirty and outdated. The bed is hard, the sheets and pillows seemed very old. The internet was spotty and unreliable. I seemed to always be disconnected and searching for a signal. Maid service showed up at 4pm the next day and not while I was away all day. I thought I didn't have hot water in the shower until I realized the hot and cold water faucets were reversed. the gym was small. The pool is an eyesore as its dirty and only 80% full of water. Overall- a total sub-par hotel that thinks its a three or four star. I would put this below a Motel 6 standard in the USA.

On my last trip I stayed across the street at the Ramada. I was hoping this place would be a little nicer. On my next trip- I'll be headed to the Hilton or Camino Real.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business