“Not worth it´s price.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mexicali, Mexico
“Not worth it´s price.”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I am still itching! I was there for 8 days. First of all I have to say the personel is absolutely charming. I have to say they are all very helpful and nice. The hotel is across the street from one of the ¨metro¨stations and that is very convinient. However, there were mites in my bed! I am still itching very badly. I went to the front desk and reported my incident and they said we are very sorry. The changed us to another room and I had the same problem. I had to go to one of the managers and I told her about it, she (after I asked) offered me a free dinner. They did not offer to wash my clothes for free. They said they could not give me a night free because it was already pre-paid. I have not been able to sleep. I am still itching. If you go to this hotel, make sure they give you a room with zero mite problems. The restaurant is ok. My family and I walked to the establishment next door to have breakfast and dinner they had better choices and better prices. Please think twice about staying in this place. I forgot to say it has a foul odor in the afternoons.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed at the Fiesta Inn for two separate one night stays at the beginning and end of our recent holiday in Mexico. We had flown into Mexico City from the UK and were traveling onwards to Tulum on the Yucatan peninsula so we wanted a hotel that was very convenient for the airport but also ok as a base for seeing Mexico City. It worked really well on both counts as it is very close to the airport (about 10-15 minutes walk though you couldn't do that carrying luggage as there are lots of steps) and a regular airport shuttle. Simply go to Puerto 4 at Terminal One (not sure which gate is at Terminal 2, but the shuttle does go there too) and locate the person holding the Fiesta Inn sign, and the shuttle normally appears 10-20 minutes later. There is a nice pool which we used on our last day. They don't have any facilities for showers etc (even in the gym) if like us you are leaving late in the evening, so you would have to pay for an extended checkout, or do without the shower. For room only we paid around £55 for a double room excluding breakfast, which we normally went into the City for. We got the best rate by booking direct with the hotel - it was £5 cheaper than the rate we had got through booking.com. It is located right next to a metro station and the metro system is extensive, fast, safe and cheap - we used it extensively. There is excellent free wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a convenient hotel if you are between two flights in Mexico. Period.

This Fiesta Inn is clean but is in need of some updating. Old bedding, carpets, etc.

24h airport shuttle is convenient. Booking office in the airport terminal.

There isnt much around this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Orange County, CA
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and was disappointed and underwhelmed by the entire stay.

The hotel needs a complete renovation. The hotel room seemed dark, dirty and outdated. The bed is hard, the sheets and pillows seemed very old. The internet was spotty and unreliable. I seemed to always be disconnected and searching for a signal. Maid service showed up at 4pm the next day and not while I was away all day. I thought I didn't have hot water in the shower until I realized the hot and cold water faucets were reversed. the gym was small. The pool is an eyesore as its dirty and only 80% full of water. Overall- a total sub-par hotel that thinks its a three or four star. I would put this below a Motel 6 standard in the USA.

On my last trip I stayed across the street at the Ramada. I was hoping this place would be a little nicer. On my next trip- I'll be headed to the Hilton or Camino Real.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Holte, Denmark
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Truth be told, after a long delay we were booked in this hotel by KLM. I was to tired to book a decent hotel myself. Extremely slow reception desk, grumpy staff. Rooms totally outdated and dirty as well. The smell was horrible because we were close to the garbage gathering place from the hotel...... Furthermore noisynrooms because of very thin walls and it feels you're sleeping next to the runway. Breakfast was sort of OK. My suggestion? Avoid if you can!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Nice hotel, what I expected from a Fiesta Inn, just the bathroom needs some upgrades but still clean.

Is a nice place near the airport with a garden and a pool you might not notice that you are in a busy city near an airport.

Shuttles will pick you up at gate 4 and take you to the hotel, but if it is late at night there will be no one or sign to tell you about it, you might have to wait for 15 or 20 minutes.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Solon, Ohio
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I recently stayed here with two buddies for about $70 US dollars. The room was clean, comfortable, and worth twice as much, frankly. There was a beautiful pool with a serviceable gym. What impressed me the most was the service -- top-notch and quick. Do not miss the wonderful breakfast buffet; simply delicious!

This hotel is not in a pleasant area where one would take an extended vacation. However, if you are looking for a place to stay to get in and out of the airport, then look no further.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends