New York Hotel
$330
$290
All reviewsla revolucionstreet foodmonumentmetrobuscentrohistorico
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here on the start of our around the world trip. Rooms were clean, simple and it was quiet. The WiFi if you need it, is only available at reception. There are few restaurants in the near proximity, metro station is about 5min walk. Overall, really good stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrT1001
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Trustable and devoted housekeepers, easy going and polite front desk staff. I stayed there twice in the last year for a total of about 12 days. I could leave for free some of my luggage when I went in Acapulco for 3 days then came back for some extra days. I did the same for some hours before heading to the airport. I didn't use the restaurant that seems o.k. There is no swimming pool.

Notice that there is a very friendly taxi driver frequently waiting at the entrance. He is a good source of information about where to go according to our interests.

I enjoyed the little elevator, the key card and the large LCD TV. It might have only 10-12 TV channels. From my room I could hear a loud noise that could be related with the bathroom fans of others rooms, it might happens once an hour. The room are simple with a medium size bathroom (not tiny), shower only.

Very secure hotel, I walk often by night when coming back from the metro nearby (around 5 minutes walk) and had no fear. The immediate surrounding isn't good looking as is Mexico but it is just 2 minutes (walk) away.

I did book with octopustravel.com and had no problem.

Room Tip: There is no room on the first floor (more secure) and I always ask the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
3  Thank speakoutpierre
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Like many other Mexico City budget hotels, his hotel is noisy around the clock on weekends and holidays. The hotel is quiet at other times. Hotel security is very good with card locks on room doors. CNN on room TV. Rooms very clean and nicely furnished. Safes available at reception. Hotel is very close to stop on new metrobus Line 4 to/from the airport. 15 minute walk from hotel to Buenavista Walmart Supercenter.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank thomcoo8
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Very Inexpensive, Internet ONLY in the loby and the rooms in the first floor, Clean, within walking distance of Monumento a la Revolucion and Paseo de la Reforma Monumento al Caballito

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Patty L
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The price as long as you book it on the internet is very resonable. But as I learn with alot of hotels in Mexico, the internet is very limited if at all. Their are very few electric receptables. An I mean very few. One in the bathroom, and two in the room. Now, they all utlized, one three prong the tv plugged into, and one set of two prongs that the lamps are plugged into. So if you do decide to stay, bring a power strip. Also, there is a resturant up the street (out and to the right), from the hotel. I am sorry I dont know the name of it, but wouldnt recommend it, i ordered food and had cockroaches in my food. I complained and the manager just shrugged his sholders and charged me anyway. There are alot better and cheaper hotels to stay, so please becareful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family