“A Traditionally Decorated Hotel that offers all the Comfort & Charm Mexico has to offer!”
Review of Posada Viena Hotel

Posada Viena Hotel
Ranked #103 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Very Authentic and Traditionally decorated. If you're looking to stay in a Hotel that will provide good memories of your stay in Distrito Federal... Look no further than the Posada Viena Hotel. Not only is the main areas of the Hotel decorated in a Traditional style, but the rooms as well. Add memories to your trip by experiencing Mexico the way it was meant to be. On numerous occasions the Staff went out of their way to accomodate my needs. In my personal opinion... They went Far Above their Normal Duties to ensure my stay there was comfortable and very pleasant. I will Return Again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Safed, Israel
Reviewed August 8, 2008

I stayed at this hotel between july 3-17 2008.
the location is wonderful - just 10 mins walk from insurgentes.
the stuff is also friendly and nice, and the rooms r clean.
BUT!!!!- the rooms are very small and there were no capboards- so u put all your cloth on some racks they give u and sometimes on your luggege. another issue is the shower- u have to wait for about 5 minutes before the hot water go out, and once they do- they wont get cold. they also really save up on toilet papers- i think they actually check out what u do with it- sometimes u have to ask a special request for it.
the last issue is breakfast. DO NOT BOOK AMERICAN BREAKFEST!!! it is not!!! its just eggs with bread, which u gonna get every day of u stay there, so watch out!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — breakfest
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank sound_fury

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Alexandria
Reviewed February 12, 2008

This was a nice experience. For the price paid (less than $ 50 a room) , this was the best deal we could get. The rooms are pretty spacy. The standard room doesn't have a wardrobe, just a bar in a niche. But that was fine. The room was quiet, clean, the shower had some black spots but wasn't smelly of mildew. The breakfast was included, with as much coffee as you like. The only minor was that we got only one small towel per person. It wasn't possible to get another one. The rooms are not heated, so take your pyjamas with you in wintertime.

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank joost55
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2007

It was a little bit older and more tired than I had expected from my research but we were still happy here. The room was very large and gaily painted however I feel this was to cover up the age and disrepair of the room (and it worked)! The bathroom was very small and basic and you had to pay for the internet. The Argentinian restaurant served good huge meals but the breakfast cafe was lacking in service and we gave up after the first morning. The English speaking man on reception was very helpful in assisting us with planning our day, overall we were satisfied.

• Liked — Large room.
  • Disliked — Old drab curtains.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kamema
UK
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Ok, i havent read through the other reviews.... but my experience of this place was very bad.
I was actually dumped here because expedia had overbooked on another hotel so they brought me here.
My first impression was good. As i walked into the reception i thought it would be good quality , seeing it was 4*and i was happy that it had a restaurant nearby and i liked the traditional mexican style decor.
I had no issues with the reception etc
However, when i got to my room, a shiver went down my spine.
The bed was old, hard and the sheets had HOLES and STAINS on them. That immediately put me off the idea that i would have to sleep in it. The TV controller was nailed to the wall and awkward to operate the television which was on its last legs.
The bathroom was sizeable but even though it was superficially clean i got another shiver down my spine. It felt dirty and when i used the shower it spirted out cold or hot water, no compromise.
There is something about this place which reaps of tatty, shortcuts and not clean.
Bascially, this is not a 4* by any standards.
My advice: avoid this place. I couldnt wait to get out !!

• Liked — leaving in the morning !
  • Disliked — the tatty, hard dirty bed
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank EnglishSettler
Reviewed July 25, 2006

Quiet neighborhood, decent breakfast in hotel restaurant, Argentine restaurant very good, Interesting " real " Mexican decor, walked to main road to catch tour bus no problem, bathrooms clean but a bit rough, Reliable sitios. We enjoyed our stay. I've also stayed at Hotel Catedral which is much more modern and way more active neighborhood if thats what your looking for.

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — Bathrooms clean but not that comfortable
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the sitios
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled with friends
1 Thank mekons
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2006

We visited in January 2006. We had been staying at Hotel Cathedral in the Centro Historico, which we loved, but thought it best to see as much of the city as possible. Unfortunately, we wisehd we's stayed where we were, hotel wise, but the location move was good.
Our main problem was the COLD!! It was freezing, and the room and windows are huge (and when we arrived, the windows were open!). The door staff gave us extra blankets, but they ran out (so it wasn't just us). I'm sure that in summer, when it's hot, the rooms are airy and bright, but in winter, a cosy (small even!) room is probably a better choice. It was clean. Price wise, it was expensive, compared with DF in general and Mexico as a whole. I',m afriad I didn't find the staff friendly , like other reviewers, but there seems to be a lot of people working there.

• Stayed January 2006