“good deal for the price”
Review of Segovia Regency

Segovia Regency
Ranked #107 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is very Spartan when it comes to luxury, but clean. Don`t expect much about the surroundings if you are a tourist, no nice vista is available, but on the other hand, there are plenty of options to have dinner at walking distance. You need to be tall to reach the air conditioning because it is a trap door located on the ceiling.

Room Tip: ask for a room where the trap door for the air conditioning is above the bed if you are less than 1...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ricardo c

Reviewed September 18, 2013

very nice, clean cheap fancy , near to pink zone, safe, wooooow
bonito barato limpio cerca de todo seguro wooow

este lugar es perfecto, me encanto, es muy elegante, buen servicio, alrdedor hay mucha policia l,o recomiendo totalmente

Room Tip: room in 2d floor segundo piso
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Guest g
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of July 2013. The staff was professional and courteous and the hotel's restaurant had very good food for a good price. The whole hotel was super clean. Overall it was a great experience. I also found a new section of the city very close by that was remarkably great and which reminded me of New York City with lots of sidewalk cafes. To get there, head out the front door, turn left, go two blocks to Medellin, turn left and walk a few blocks to the Roma District. You will love the nice restaurants and the architecture. The whole area is very safe to walk in. The Roma District is much nicer than the Zona Rosa which seems to get all the hype. Trust me and check out Roma. Overall, I must give this hotel a solid "thumbs up."

Room Tip: My room opened up to an interior courtyard, but not really a courtyard. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 309default
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here during October 2012 for Corona Capital festival. I had never been to Mexico City before and didnt know my way around, so I picked this based on location and price, and I am glad I did.
The rooms in the hotel are pretty basic and no frills, but everything is comfortable and safe.
I was there to explore the city, not to hang out at the hotel, so I was just there to sleep.
The location is very good, with certain landmarks within walking distance , and with the subway just around the corner.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Can't comment on the Air conditioner since I went during October and didnt need it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loreinski
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Pros: The location is close to the city center and most of the city is accessible via the nearby metro. The price is excellent compared to other hotels in the vicinity. The hotel is very clean, the maid service and maintenance staff do a excellent job. It's safe due to the proximity of a police station. Room service. There's a bidet if your into that sort of thing.

Cons: The convenient location has a downside, it's on a very busy and noisy road which can be disturbing. We were asked at check in what side of the building we wanted, we chose the street view… our bad. This could fix this by installing a better window system. There is air conditioning, but you have to call to have it turned on. This also means you have to call to have it turned off (no controls in room). There are not many channels on the television. Towels are extremely small. It's all around old.

Overall, I feel like for the price it is a good option for the center of Mexico City.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

When in Mexico I have made it my practice to stay in hotels where Mexicans stay. I like the more personal service and smaller size of these places. This last trip I selected the Segovia Regency primarily because of its location. Right on the south edge of the Zona Rosa. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from dozens of restaurants and boutiques. Safe. Always well policed because this section of the Zona Rosa is a few blocks from the Federal Policia's headquarters.

My 6th floor room was comfortable though not large. It had a double bed, a bench, a desk and two night tables. The bathroom was quite spacious and equipped with shower and bidet. I was pleased to find that the housekeeping was of a high standard. The room smelled fresh and was spotless. It was quiet at night. Free wireless access and key card entry too.

The hotel has a small dining room with about 12 tables. I had my comida there after I arrived. The menu featured the standard Mexican dishes nicely presented, reasonably priced and tasting as though they had been freshly prepared by a chef who cared.

All the staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful. I must single out the doormen who seemed to have an endless supply of wonderful taxi drivers at their beck and call. I rode up to the Santa Fe Mall - a 11 kilometre run - in a very comfortable SUV on one occasion. The morning of my departure I was treated to another spacious SUV which took me to the airport in grand style for half what I had paid to travel from the airport to the hotel when I arrived.

The one negative which didn't bother me but might put some folks off is the stretch of Chapultapec on which the hotel is located. The hotel is actually on the service road. Not much traffic. But the neighborhood looks like it is on the cusp of gentrification. A bit run down. Safe. But not very attractive.

Did I mention that you are a 5 minute walk to the Metro's Insurgentes stop? A little side bar here: I had heard lots of unkind comments about the Mexico City Metro and had avoided it for years. But I had a Mexican friend with me so we took the Metro down to El Templo Mayor on a Sunday morning. The Metro is spotless, well lit, well signed and at 3 pesos a true bargain. I felt as safe as I do in any great city.

The Hotel Segovia Regency offers a great location in the Zona Rosa without those high Zona Rosa prices.

Room Tip: Request a room on the south or back side of the building away from Chapultapec.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FRCOCHM
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is well situated just on the edge of the Zona Rosa where it is difficult to get affordable accomodation.It is 2 mins from the metro and was possible to walk to many attractions

It is not however a 4 star which it is advertised as. By European standards I would classify it as 2/3 star The rooms are a bit worn and the beds very hard. In saying that it is reasonable value and the staff were helpful. There is also separate supply of purified water to the room which is helpful

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo