“You wont get sleep in this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Real del Sur

Real del Sur
Ranked #271 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Zonkville
“You wont get sleep in this hotel”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Can someone take this terrible band off stage? Rooms circling the lobby is terrible terrible idea. Bring your ear plugs. Or wait, simply dont visit real del sur. Room is big enough to bring the band and keep them locked inside for gods sake, i think it would be worth the price of booking additional room.

Room Tip: My advice: get another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mad C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Looks like they have continued to improve over the last couple years. Stayed here in 2010, was satisfied with my stay but very impressed this time around. Room I had was spacious and very clean, ate several meals at the restaurant and enjoyed the service and selection. The lady at the front desk was very courteous when I checked out, made sure everything had been to my expectations. Figured I would post a review, kind of new to this, but thought it was worth it!

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Recently my wife and I travelled to Mexico City for a convention downtown. We saw Real del Sur from one of the main highways in the city. Typically I prefer to stay closer to downtown but with the new second level freeway, the traffic was nonexistent! The atmosphere and service were fantastic, we really enjoyed the breakfasts and snacks. The staff were always willing to help with directions and suggestions. Our only complaint was we had asked originally for a Queen sized bed and our room had two doubles but within minutes of calling the desk they had sent somebody to help us move our things to an appropriate room. Really impressed. We will be back for sure next time we are in Mexico City!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank VBinlind
Cuernavaca, Mexico
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The dining room was nice enough. The Lobby Bar was empty and the atmosphere was cold. The room was mediocre. I had hoped there was heat, but only air conditioning. The TV had very few channels, and poor reception. The price was decent, but I won't stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Deborah R
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel had an event in the middle of the hotel lobby. All rooms circle the lobby.
They had a live band with singing, until 2 am, or later. ( I am writing this review because i am unable to sleep.) When we complained about not being able to sleep. The hotel is locate between two very busystreets so syreet moisy is a bit of a problem anyway. We were told that hotels also have events, not just people who want to sleep. We called the front desk at least 4 times. Paid 990 pesos not to sleep.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank Ladisk

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We have stayed here several times. Each time have been very pleased with out room, clean and roomy.
Staff very friendly and helpful, speak fair english.
Restaurant has great food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Great wait staff.
Not in Zocolo, but they have a stuttle service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WSTraveler100
Whittier, California
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I always wanted to stay in this hotel. The logo of the hotel shows "five stars", its appearance from the outside is good, a nice ample lobby, but that's it.
My first room assigned was almost dark and two light bulbs were out. Due to the distance and construction style the WiFi signal couldn't reach my room, and all the cars noise from the outside Division Del Norte Ave ramp wasn't stopped by the windows. I requested another room and after waiting few minutes I was moved to the 3rd floor. The rooms have a good size, coffee maker (but no coffee). The lighting was better as well as the WiFi strength signal (by the way, I have to change soooo many times my system preferences in order to gain internet access; I'm not sure if this trouble was only on my Mac and iPhone but was a real pain trying to access every time I turned on any of my devices).
The rooms do not have their doors and windows sealed so all the noise from Tlapan St and the music from the lobby bar goes in your room clear and loud!
The staff is friendly and parking is free but I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy... Oh, Deception!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo