Room Mate Valentina
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$200
Emporio Reforma(Mexico City)
$74
$71
  • Restaurant
Gran Hotel Ciudad de Mexico(Mexico City)
$174
$97
$95
  • Pool
Hotel Stanza(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
$147
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssex shopszona rosagay districtuntil noonhuge bathroomboutique hotelde lajunior suitemini fridgesafe areacentral locationwalking distancebars and restaurantsroom was spotlesscorner roomlate checkperfect hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have been lucky enough to be able to do some travelling in several countries. It is very rare to experience this level of customer service. The hotel is centrally located in Zona Rosa "gay district" of Mexico City. Its is walking distance to more than enough night life and activity. I originally was only booked to stay 4 nights. My first room 901 was a bit small for my taste, but that was immediately remedied by the amazing reception staff and for a minimal fee, I was upgraded to the Pent House suite (1302) seen in the above photo. What an amazing suite!! A large bedroom with flat screen, a separate TV area, and dining room area. Two sliding glass doors opening to a walk on terrace with amazing view of the city. One and 1/2 baths. The master bath has 2 full lighted sinks. Comfortable pillows and mattresses. Double shower heads, and a separate glass enclosed toilet/boudet area. I moved a few times, to other rooms since I had not fully booked for the full two weeks, and each room was more amazing than the next. My second favorite room was 905 which was a corner room with corner windows overlooking the amazing angel monument again with amazing bathroom area and glass enclosed shower.

Now let me tell you about the staff excellence. Erika, Manuel, and Crees were absolutely fabulous. I can tell you that when I travel alone, and feel like the staff is a part of family, that really says something. Not just that they did their jobs, but that they were kind, funny,professional, and really went out of their way to make sure that I had a great experience in their country, all of which fully versed in spanish and english. The beautiful manager Cecilia Alvarez has done an amazing job at this property, especially in her selection of these amazing employees.

The looks of the hotel is extremely cute with colorful flare. The included breakfast buffet is delicious with a variety of typical Mexican food, fresh yogurts, fruits, meats, coffee, juices, toast, and pastries.

The price which I had booked on Kayak was incredible for that area as I certainly did a lot of comparison shopping.

If you do not at least stop by and check out this hotel at least one night, you would be missing a great experience.

Thanks to all the valentina staff for helping to make my vacation truly a wonderful experience. This hotel was the icing on the cake. I will be back and I will stay in touch with my new friends, especially the fabulous Erika, "Mi esposa" who I would marry if I wasnt gay :)

Room Tip: The higher up you go the better it is :) The street can be noisy at times.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank ChristopherB30
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Valentina is really easy to get to, either by taxi or public transit (there are Metrobus stations at both Insurgentes and Hamburgo, for example), and is just a few blocks off of Reforma. My partner and I had stayed in Roma at the beginning of our trip, and decided to base ourselves in Zona Rosa towards the end of it. The people at check-in were incredibly courteous, explaining all the necessary information, and had one of their staff escort us to our room. The room was spacious, decorated in a fun "pop" fashion, with a king size bed as well as a bright pink vinyl sofa to lounge on. There was also a small patio from which you could check out Calle Amberes below and the surrounding area. Being in a penthouse-style room, I sort of expected there to be at least a small table and chairs for relaxing al fresco, but maybe the hotel is still working out the kinks. At least staff were extremely responsive when I asked them to check out the blinds (for some reason I wasn't able to draw them aside), and an employee was in the room five minutes later to investigate. Now that's service! Unfortunately, part of the contraption to draw the blinds back WAS broken. I tried (am trying) to stay positive because the employees were sincerely welcoming, and the room was otherwise cute, but considering the price for the stay, I was a little disheartened. Thank goodness a hearty breakfast was included each morning; the chilaquiles were a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank infixing
valentina_direccion, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Valentina, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear mykonos20

Thank you very much for such a great comment!!
We are happy to know your stay was pleasant and enjoyed the Hotel details.

We hope to see you soon here in Valentina.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. Small, quiet and very pretty. The breakfast is pretty good. This time I had room 601 with my dad and it was perfect. Very spacious and the bathroom is hugeeeee. Its in the zona rosa, so expect lots if sex shops and gay couples around. If you mind, the this is not the place for you.

Its like 3 mins away walking from el Angel de Independencia. There are lotsssss of restaurants and bars around. Also, Condesa is pretty close if you prefer a more bohemian feel.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank kaseyferie
valentina_direccion, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Valentina, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear kaseyferie

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay in Room Mate Valentina.

It´s god to know that you enjoy the Hotel, the location and our services as the breakfast.

We hope see you soon!!

Best Regards.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I arrived late in the evening, very tired and exhausted from my long journey from Europe. They welcomed me nicely and showed my my booked standard room on the 2nd floor. This room was horrible! It was not clean at all - there were black hair and stains in my bed and also in the bathroom (everywhere!), the sofa had white stains on it and the carpet floor was dirty - further it strongly smelled in this room and I was not able to open the window as it was broken.
I went back down to the reservation office and told them that I want to change this room. They upgraded me with any problems to a deluxe room, which was a little bit better, but also not clean (at least the black hair only were in the bathroom and not in my bed!).

During the nights it is extremely loud as there are many bars outside on the street! If you really want to book this "Hotel", try to get a room in a higher floor - although I think it won't make any change!!

The breakfast is small and bad; there is only a very small choice and the bread was old.
After I came home from an exhausting sight seeing tour, the room wasn't cleaned properly - I guess they did not clean the room at all.

It is in the gay zone and there are sex shops next to the Hotel.

I definitively do not recommend this place for a stay in Mexico. There are far better Hotels for the same price, which will make your trip more comfortable and nice. I changed Hotel after my 3rd night - of course they charged me the full price.

If you want to book a 4* Hotel, don't chose this one!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Val E
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel ticks all the boxes. Great location close to the metro and in the heart of Zona Rosa. Despite being close to nightlife the rooms are well-soundproofed. The breakfast was more than adequate and the rooms were very modern and comfortable. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I come again to Mexico City. The only problem was the Wifi being a bit patchy at times, but was fixed after asking reception to reset the modem.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ahaseebm

Dear mykonos20,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about your experience at Room Mate Valentina.

We love you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope see you soon .