“Excellent staff, average stay”

Room Mate Valentina
Ranked #38 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent staff, average stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Valentina is really easy to get to, either by taxi or public transit (there are Metrobus stations at both Insurgentes and Hamburgo, for example), and is just a few blocks off of Reforma. My partner and I had stayed in Roma at the beginning of our trip, and decided to base ourselves in Zona Rosa towards the end of it. The people at check-in were incredibly courteous, explaining all the necessary information, and had one of their staff escort us to our room. The room was spacious, decorated in a fun "pop" fashion, with a king size bed as well as a bright pink vinyl sofa to lounge on. There was also a small patio from which you could check out Calle Amberes below and the surrounding area. Being in a penthouse-style room, I sort of expected there to be at least a small table and chairs for relaxing al fresco, but maybe the hotel is still working out the kinks. At least staff were extremely responsive when I asked them to check out the blinds (for some reason I wasn't able to draw them aside), and an employee was in the room five minutes later to investigate. Now that's service! Unfortunately, part of the contraption to draw the blinds back WAS broken. I tried (am trying) to stay positive because the employees were sincerely welcoming, and the room was otherwise cute, but considering the price for the stay, I was a little disheartened. Thank goodness a hearty breakfast was included each morning; the chilaquiles were a nice touch.

2 Thank infixing
valentina_direccion, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Valentina, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear mykonos20

Thank you very much for such a great comment!!
We are happy to know your stay was pleasant and enjoyed the Hotel details.

We hope to see you soon here in Valentina.

Best Regards

Front Desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. Small, quiet and very pretty. The breakfast is pretty good. This time I had room 601 with my dad and it was perfect. Very spacious and the bathroom is hugeeeee. Its in the zona rosa, so expect lots if sex shops and gay couples around. If you mind, the this is not the place for you.

Its like 3 mins away walking from el Angel de Independencia. There are lotsssss of restaurants and bars around. Also, Condesa is pretty close if you prefer a more bohemian feel.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank kaseyferie
valentina_direccion, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Valentina, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear kaseyferie

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay in Room Mate Valentina.

It´s god to know that you enjoy the Hotel, the location and our services as the breakfast.

We hope see you soon!!

Best Regards.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I arrived late in the evening, very tired and exhausted from my long journey from Europe. They welcomed me nicely and showed my my booked standard room on the 2nd floor. This room was horrible! It was not clean at all - there were black hair and stains in my bed and also in the bathroom (everywhere!), the sofa had white stains on it and the carpet floor was dirty - further it strongly smelled in this room and I was not able to open the window as it was broken.
I went back down to the reservation office and told them that I want to change this room. They upgraded me with any problems to a deluxe room, which was a little bit better, but also not clean (at least the black hair only were in the bathroom and not in my bed!).

During the nights it is extremely loud as there are many bars outside on the street! If you really want to book this "Hotel", try to get a room in a higher floor - although I think it won't make any change!!

The breakfast is small and bad; there is only a very small choice and the bread was old.
After I came home from an exhausting sight seeing tour, the room wasn't cleaned properly - I guess they did not clean the room at all.

It is in the gay zone and there are sex shops next to the Hotel.

I definitively do not recommend this place for a stay in Mexico. There are far better Hotels for the same price, which will make your trip more comfortable and nice. I changed Hotel after my 3rd night - of course they charged me the full price.

If you want to book a 4* Hotel, don't chose this one!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Val E
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel ticks all the boxes. Great location close to the metro and in the heart of Zona Rosa. Despite being close to nightlife the rooms are well-soundproofed. The breakfast was more than adequate and the rooms were very modern and comfortable. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I come again to Mexico City. The only problem was the Wifi being a bit patchy at times, but was fixed after asking reception to reset the modem.

2 Thank ahaseebm
Dear mykonos20,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about your experience at Room Mate Valentina.

We love you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope see you soon .

Best regards!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stopped in MC for two nights on our way back home from Cuba. Roomate V was in Zona Rosa so there was lots to do and eat and train station about 2-3 blks. The hotel is really modern...... Staff was really helpful in helping us plan for our full day of activities to Teotihuacan pyramid and Frida Museum all by public transportation and lots of walking. They serve really good breakfast, lots of varieties. For location, price, service and free breakfast. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Definitely staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Priscilla M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Room Mate Valentina is great hotel. We stayed for six nights. We had a room with a queen bed. Very comfortable. We both liked that we each had three pillows. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. The bathroom was very nice. The shower had a waterfall head and it was very nice. The staff replacement all the items in the bathroom every day, something we don't always get in expensive hotels. We were there in March and the temperature was very comfortable. The hotel is in a night club/bar area and the noise level was not as bad as we had expected. The front desk staff was very helpful and very friendly. The wait for the elevator was not long. What I really like was the mini bar in the room. You could have the hotel stock it or leave it empty. We chose to leave it empty and stocked it ourselves. That was a plus. The location of the hotel is perfect for exploring Mexico City. We walked back to the hotel from Chupultepec park. It was a very easy walk. We used the metro the entire trip. We felt safe and it was cheap way to get around the city. The breakfast was very good. The hot dish was always very enjoyable, as was the meat and cheese, yogurt, fruits, bread and rolls. There are plenty of stores to buy water, soda, etc. at. The wall are thin, but it didn't really bother us that much. We really enjoyed our stay at the Roommate and look forward to staying there again.

3 Thank mykonos20
valentina_direccion, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Valentina, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Client:

That is great pleasure for us to read comments like yours.
From all the staff of Valentina want to thank you for choosing us during your visit to Mexico City

We hope to see you again soon ..... here is the "house of a friend"

Regards,
London
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very good value for money. Hotel situated in Zona Rosa just a block away from Paseo de la Reforma and 3 blocks away from Insurgentes metro station (which I used a lot to get around the city). The Chapultepec park is also within a walking distance, well, depends on how much you are used to walking:-)

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast buffet had a good choice of food/drinks.

My room was on the 2nd floor, facing the vibrant Calle Amberez where most of the bars are located but I did not have any problem with noise. Sometime I could smell the sewage in the bathroom but it's occasional and to be honest I could smell that at the Hilton on Reforma as well, so didn't really consider it as "Valnetina's" fault.

The bars on Calle Amberez attract a really young crowd so if you are looking for older crowd, something less crowded or quieter, have a look elsewhere in the city, there is a plenty to choose from.
I really enjoyed my stay at Room Mate Valentina and would stay there again. It was a perfect location to do all my daily trips around and outside the Mexico City and with breakfast included and free Wi-Fi I could not ask for more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank JanJan77
Dear Jan Jan 77:

All the staff we convey our sincere thanks for finding the service provided to your liking and to define it as a positive.

We like to know that the hotel and its facilities have found it to your liking.
We trust you once more for your visit to any of the hotel Room Mate

regards,