I just stayed at Room Mate Valentina in DF. It's kind of like a gay Mexican W with over the top design (but in a good way), in super gay Zona Rosa.
My husband and I were traveling with my gay brother. We had two rooms on a high floor. The over the top design you see in the ad photos did not show up our rooms -- but we were OK with. We also had no idea that this hotel is smack dab in the middle of the Mexico's gay boys town -- convenient to bars, strippers and Mexican fetish boutiques. Since we are all gay we had no problem with that, either. If you're looking for a gay burrito or chimichanga, this might be the perfect hotel for you. Steer clear of the tacquitos, though, as they are picueno.
The cold breakfast was a bit disappointing. No eggs and they were playing Two & Half Men on the TV in the dinging room. Well, I guess Charlie Sheen is latino, right?
Given the $67.00US per night price, we were generally happy with the entire experience. Paying much more than that (like $68.00) would be over paying. The staff were friendly and helpful. The toilet kept running and there were mystery stains on the hotel room carpeting and bathroom walls. It's not the Four Seasons, which if I'm ever in DF again, is where I'll stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel in Mexico City ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Room Mate Hotels, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Room Mate Valentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Valentina Hotel Mexico City
- Marco Polo Mexico City
- Hotel Marco Polo
- Room Mate Valentina Mexico City