“Best Deal in Zona Rosa”

Room Mate Valentina
Ranked #42 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Hotel and rooms are very clean.
Rooms have a modern decoration, bathrooms are excellent.
Breakfast good be improved, it's kid of basic but do the job.
Wifi connection and speed is excellent in the room.
Staff is very friendly and smiling.
Price wise it was one of the best deal in the city.
Would recommend.

Room Tip: The higher the better for more silence. THere are a lot of clubs and discos in that street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very nice cosy hotel, styled in bright colours just two steps from El Angel de la Independencia on the famous Paseo de la Reforma. All the stuff is english speaking and ready to help 24/7. The zone is also very nice, but may be a bit noisy for those coming from little cities. Very good value for money. I would opt for Valentina once again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Second time I stay at Valentina. The rooms are starting to show their age, but the hotel is still very clean and it has a great location. Rooms are interesting. The receptionist at night when I arrived seemed completely uninterested in checking me in, and when I requested 2 beds, he said fine, then still gave me a room with one king bed. But Laura the Front Desk Manager was more than helpful the next day. The breakfast and the wifi are a great addition free of charge. I would stay here again and would recommend this to friends who want something in a great location close to nightclubs, bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Call the hotel prior to your arrival and request a specific type of room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Out of necessity, I found myself back at the Room Mate Valentina for a brief 3 night stay. Not only have things not improved since my last visit, but I believe they have gotten worse. When we check in, our trash cans were still full from the previous guest. The room was so dimly lit, that we could not read in bed. I commented on this at the front desk and was greeted with blank stares. The room was as noisy as ever: my partner could not sleep. We reserved two bikes to ride on Sunday, re-confirmed when we went to breakfast and found them gone when we went to get them. The front desk staff is glum and not helpful. Breakfast was better than my last experience but still always had to ask for replenishment of items as the attendant was not observant. I repeat that perhaps the GM should go visit the Room Mate Carlos which is a 5 star property compared to his poor sister Valentina. I have stayed in many hotels in DF and this is one that I will not be visiting again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jofong
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here for eight nights, so it’s got to be pretty decent! It’s a good value hotel with large, interesting rooms; fast, free Wifi; and an excellent location in the Zona Rosa. The Zona Rosa is safe, middle class and full of corner-shops and cafes; it’s perhaps characterless, but there’s no concerns about safety.

The hotel is slap bang on the gay street of the zone. This is nothing at all to be threatened by (unless you’re rabidly homophobic) but it does mean that it’s noisy from 16.00 to about 04.00 - the surrounding bars pump out house, jungle and techno at impressive volume.

There were some downsides to the hotel. Our room had a number of maintenance problems, most notably with a flooding shower and significant humidity. Nothing was a huge issue but it did mean that the room was a bit damp and smelly some days of our stay.

Although the breakfast is good by Mexican standards, the coffee and bread were really poor quality - an odd corner to cut on the basics, when fresh yogurt and fruits are also on offer.

The reception staff are polite, but nothing more. Elsewhere in Mexico we were treated with real enthusiasm and warmth, and the staff were keen to help us maximize our vacation in their city. Perhaps it’s just a cultural thing - people in Mexico City are generally a bit more reserved, I guess.

Generally though this is a very good place and if they just paid a bit more attention to the details it’d definitely be a 5* choice.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large, but if you're a light sleeper I'd definitely contact the hotel befo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank edd54
Reviewed August 22, 2012

As a 27-year-old woman traveling alone, my experience with Room Mate Valentina made me feel really safe in a new city for me.

Located in the Pink Zone, it's in a block were bars and clubs open early in the afternoon and stay active until dawn. While this may be a problem for some people, it also guarantees that there are always people on the streets and that adds up to safety.

It's also located only 2 blocks away from the iconic Angel de la Independencia, which is not only a landmark in itself, but a point from where you can get transportation to anywhere in the city.

The hotel staff has been really friendly and helpful, they recommended places to go, and kept my bags after checkout so I could finish my tour.

The room is very nice, modern and clean, though with a subtle humidity smell. From the 6th floor you can barely hear the music coming from the streets, and was definitely not a problem for sleeping. Lower floors may be noisier.

Definitely a place I would go back to, and great value for your money.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter, definitely ask for those.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cecilia S
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had a really nice stay in the hotel, Very good value for money, rooms very clean and the breakfast was a great start to the day. Good fairly central location, a little noisy though but an interesting area. One member of the staff very nice in ensuring that we had some hot water for our cup of tea last thing at night (being english). The rough edges were that there were no brochures to describve the tourist sights of Mexico City, also being new to the city did not realise that the metro was only 5 minutes walk away. Overall enjoyable staym but please be a bit more forthcoming with info. for people who have never been to Mexico City before.

Room Tip: Higher up to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple