Clean, gracious and efficient. A quick walk to the historic center (but no really convenient Metro station at hand, as there is no line that follows Paseo de la Reforma).
Before accepting room: verify that strongbox (no charge) is operational and, if you care, verify that refrigerator is operational, too. Good hot water (shower and tub) and excellent beds.
You will not be able to get a radio-taxi from here, unless you call it yourself. There are a few English- and Japanese-speaking drivers attached to the hotel, so-called "taxi turistica." These are pleasant and friendly but don't offer best rates unless you insist beforehand.
NB, in Mexico City it is NOT advisable to hail taxis on the street.
The buffet breakfast is ample but for much less you can order coffee, coffee with milk, or tea
and delicious sweet rolls, if that is all you require.
There is a Sanborns mini-department store across Reforma and several adjacent convenience stores for beer, snacks, and other needs.
Don't forget to have your shoes shined on the street for a dollar. Be generous and pay with a 20-peso note. You could never achieve this brilliant shine yourself. Don't try it at home.
The Hotel Emporio down the street is also a good bet, with a jacuzzi in each room.
Except for traffic noise, both these hotels are respectable, quiet, and helpful.
The State-run arts and crafts shop with fixed prices, FonArt is just down the street same side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Imperial Reforma offers a cozy and relaxing environment due to an strategic location and a personalized treatment. Located under 30 minutes to the city airport,5 minutes to the American Embassy, just a street far from the Expo Reforma and 10 minutes walk from the historical center. For this and much care, the Hotel Imperial Reforma has and always will be a legacy from Mexico to the world ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Imperial Reforma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Reforma Hotel
- Imperial Reforma Mexico City
- Hotel Imperial Reforma Mexico City