Hotel Imperial Reforma
Agoda.com
$430
$335
  • Restaurant
Hotel Casa Gonzalez(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ritz Mexico(Mexico City)
$72
$68
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfirst floorhistorical monumentsexcellent locationelegant hotelwithin walking distancebeds were comfortablea great place to stayreformametroplugsjacuzzimexicoaccommodationscomputers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The location is good, on the paseo de la reforma, but it's not very close to metro. Moreover the hotel is on a busy roundabout, with cars horns starting at 7 am!! Too noisy. It's five star hotel but it corresponds to a 3 star. Outside it looks nice and elegant, the rooms too at a first look. Then you find dirty bedlinen, a little smelly toilets, and towels with holes. It's not that bad, but it doesn't correspond to a 5 star! There's internet wi-fi. Breakfast is buffet at the bar inside the hotel, but it is not included. We weren't satisfied by the taxis they called us: we asked them three times. The first time we had a comfortable taxi, but too expensive. The second time (oh my god!) we had to go to a marriage, so we were all well-dressed. But we had to go on a lousy old dirty taxi with a driver who maybe lived in it. He didn't know where to go and we got lost. At a certain point we asked him to stop and we walked. The third time to go to the airport we agreed with the people of the hotel for a certain price of taxi and of course he asked more. These weren't the normal taxi with taximeter...
Moreover one night we asked for a cup of tea or camomille for a sick friend. They told us that the restaurant was closed and they couldn't help us. A cup of hot water at least? No way. This is not the service you expect from a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2011

This is a conveniently located hotel, it is easy to get to all main historic attractions.
It is clean, comfortable, the bedrooms are spacious. However, the hotel's reference to free wifi, means no wifi. It doesn't work, out of 27 wireless networks in the area, 8 belong to Imperial, and in a 10 day stay I managed only to connect - probably by luck - 4 times. Do not be fooled.
Restaurant serves buffet style breakfast at additional cost, always edible but luke warm.
I left the hotel feedback about the defiency of their wifi...that aside, I would stay again, but eat at VIPs which is about a 8 minute walk up the road.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2010

This hotel wasn't bad. It was clean and the staff was nice. It's a little old, but I kind of liked that. It is a hike to the closest metro though, about 20 minutes, which is kind of annoying. The first floor is only smoking rooms also, so if you want non-smoking and they put you on the first floor, ask to change because the rooms are stinky. We also stayed at Hotel Fontan, and I would recommend that hotel over this one because of a more convenient location and it's about the same price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I am not a difficult person and i always prefer to save money on hotel so i never expect too much but this one is very bad.From the first day i had cockroaches in my room, the first 2 days i just killed them without saying a word as i did not care much, the third day i saw 5 of them happily running in the bathroom so i decided to call the reception. The manager came after few minutes saying that she was going to spray, the same day, at night i saw again 3 of them, obviously they did not do anything. The same night, for the second time, i had also to call someone to unblock the wc as for the second time in 3 days it was badly blocked, the all night not a nice smell was coming out from the bathroom. I called again the reception and the manager came again in few minutes and this is the best part, she came as she wanted to see the bugs ( surely they were waiting for her ), she did not believe me and she said i was the only one complaining! about the bathroom it was my fault again as i used too much paper, at the end it was my fault for everything. The next morning i killed again 5 bugs and closed them inside a film roll i gave them at the reception for the manager...never heard back from her, not apologies not room change nothing!!!! The hotel is a nest and the manager doesn't care at all! i am a travel photographer and i shot pictures of this, i will make sure to show this to all the editors i will meet to avoid other customers to sleep on a nest. Plus,one side of the hotel is right on one of the most busy avenue of Mexico City, so, do not expect to sleep well and the rooms don't have a wireless connection as they advertise.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ViaggiatoreNY
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I decided to stay there because I got a great deal with my flights and it is close to my family's house. When I arrived, the service was good at the front desk, but later in one of the restaurants above it was slow. I went to my room and it looked like a room from an old house. The beds were soooo hard, thank god i was super tired when I went to sleep because they were really uncomfortable, the bathroom was old and the housekeeper wouldn't replace our water bottles. I didn't spend too much time at the hotel because I was all day spending time with my family. It served its purpose. I needed a place to stay and close to my family. It is on a great location, but I will never stay there again. I recommend the Fiesta Americana which is a block away, it has a Starbuck and it is a lot nicer.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo