“Room Service Issues” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Monterrey
“Room Service Issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2006

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel Flamingos only for one night with a friend. The room was nice, but YES the bellboys go knock on your door in such imprudent times to tell you they need money.
In my case I asked for room service food, they brought it and I signed the ticket for them to charge it to the room, until here everything was ok, aproximately a half hour later here comes a bellboy knocking on my door to tell me (almost yelling) that "I don't have any credit", what the hell does he mean with that?? at the moment I was getting dressed and in such a hurry, that I couldn't even open the door to try to talk with this stupid guy. So I yelled back at him that I would pay at the Lobby desk. He left.

When I checked out the next morning at 6 am to go to the airport, I go to the desk to pay my ticket, and trust that the guy is doing everythink correctly.

Then the friend who was with me in the room checked out at 1 pm and she got charged again for what I've ordered and already payed. She thought that I forgot so she payed. Too bad.

This tells me that maybe the guy who charged me was so asleep or something but that he couldn't do things right! and nobody cares!

I think they are incompetent and have no prudence at all.

Currently I'm trying to solve this with the Hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Tips/Secrets — If you order any room service pay it when it arrives.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2006

I booked online through priceline and got a great rate for this hotel $75USD. The check-in was very efficient and and although I stayed only one night every contact with the staff was positive. My room was generally clean although the toilet appeared to have not been thouroughly cleaned. The fixtures were moodern and in good working order. My room was on the first floor facing the street. The traffic was very noisey throughout the night and sound insolation was poor. If noise bothers you do not stay in a room facing the street! I was looking for a safe, clean hotel for one night as I was flying out the next day This hotel met those needs. There was a safe in the room for my camera and I was just able to fit my small laptop in there also. The area was not very convenient to the places that I wanted to see, Reforma and Zona Rosa, although the hotel hailed a cab for me and for about 95 pesos I was taken to Zona Rosa. I could not see that the surrounding area had any restaurants or stores within walking distance, although I did not ask or investigate thouroughly secondary to time restraints. Because of this I ate breakfast in the hotel which was fair, but failry expensive -- 140 pesos for a buffet. I personally would pay a bit more for a hotel in a different area if I were to return. I had no problem getting to the airport in about 40 minutes the next day and the fare was about 175 pesos.

• Liked — Service, price -- I booked at the last minute
  • Disliked — Traffic noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Check out location to see if this is convenient to the area which you would like to see. If you just need a safe place to sleep this is fine
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2006

I was very skeptical given the prior reviews. I must say, though, the staff was extremely helpful. Maybe they have been briefed in a meeting that they needed to kick up the service. Maybe they fired all those people and hired new ones. Whatever happened, it worked. The entire staff was entirely accomodating on whatever you may need.
The location is not the best but there is a metro station about three blocks down that is very accessible. The buffet is great and has lots of choices! I would suggest including it in the room rate. I would definitely stay at this hotel again for my next stay in Mexico City.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
Aptos, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2006

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times due to its convenient location. The hotel is modern and clean, but the staff is rude and incompetent. For 2 of our 3 stays, the reservations could not be found or were for a different price than we were given on the hotel's website and on our confirmation. For one stay, the hotel was prepaid and we had to pay a second time and work it out through the credit card company when we returned home. The front desk staff was put-off that they had to help us. Bell boys woke us at 1:30 am requesting money for bottled water (very suspicious) and another night at 4:30 am with a newspaper. Why are the bellboys knocking at doors in the middle of the night? We mentioned it to the front desk and they remarked that it must have been a mistake... two nights in a row!

Stayed August 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2005

The answer would be.....Yes, only if you didnt find any other place to stay! Because, trust me, there has to be many other great places to stay in Mexico City, than this hotel. I had a talent competition on September 2004 with Intermodel 2004. The place where me and my group stayed at was this particular hotel. At one time, one of the workers was rude to me, just because i was asking him if he had seen my glasses around, since i had dropped them, and he was simply rude and ignored me. Another thing is that since i was from the States, they did not treat me like they would treat others that originated from Mexico. I belive it was unfair treatment. In other words, my stay there was not all that great.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mexico City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2004

Typical business class hotel but I went to two banquet events there in the past year. At the first, besides god awful service, I was ripped off by the hotel valet parkers who slipped me a ticket showing me as arriving early in the AM, rather than in the PM and thus charging me 4 times the rate I should have paid. At the next, I ordered a bottle of wine that was down right rancid, awful smell, no legs, discolored, cork floating all over the place. The waiter got the head of banquets who sniffed and tasted it and told me that Beaujolais is a full bodied strong wine and I must not be accustomed to the taste. When I told him that it is actually supposed to be a lighter red wine and fresh, he dismissed me, refused to change the bottle and charged for it and was sure to add the tip to the bill before presenting it to me so that I could not take revenge. This place should be closed down or "clausurado" as we say here for incompetent staff who rob its clientele, rather than serve them. God knows where the manager is when such things go on. My only two visits to this hotel and I will never return - I would rather dine at McDonald's for higher quality service and food than their four star claim.

3 Thank Happy_on_the_road