“I Enjoyed My Stay”

Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion
Ranked #77 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed July 4, 2008

This was my second time at the Radisson Hotel Flamingos and was as good as the first time. My reservation was ready. Room service delivered my dinner in the range of time promised. The hotel has free WiFi which is a plus compared with the $10USD (minimum) that you have to pay for a period of 24 hrs. in other hotels.
It is true that the hotel is not located in a nocturnal activity zone but if you hire a taxi it is very close to the Condesa (1.5mi), Polanco (3mi) or the "Pink Zone (2.5mi) centers of dining and night life.
The only "problem" I had was that I requested a king-size bed and because of remodeling and refurbishing the kind of rooom I requested was not available.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Miguel-Mex
UWCR005, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Guest:
Thanks for your kind comments motivate us to continue working to offer the service you deserve.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed June 4, 2008

Let's start with the good. It is a cheap ($60 on Priceline), nice, clean and modern hotel located in a relativly central part of Mexico City. There is purified running water, strong showers and late-night room service. If you are looking for a comfortable and clean place to sleep, this will do fine.

However, that is where it ends. The service at the hotel is terrible, leaning into the territory of absurd. For example, I called the front desk 6 times over a period of 4 hours asking for an extra pillow, which never came! The next day, when houskeeping took my TV remote control I had to ask - yes, this is true - no less than 10 times for a replacement remote. When I went down to the front desk for the final time he actually pulled a remote out from a drawer and gave it to me. Why he didn't do that hours ago, I have no idea. And my room service debacle isn't even worth mentioning. On the plus side, I did become fluent in Spanish when it comes pillows and remotes!

The location of the hotel is ok, but not great. If you are driving it is near the highways and it doesn't take long to get to the airport, even in rush hour. However, it's a very grimy area that shuts down at night so you'll need to order room service in order to eat. Even the subway station is a 15 minute walk.

There are many nicer hotels in Mexico City that are similiar in price, with better locations and service. So avoid this one if you can.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rrakoczy
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Guest:

Many thanks for the feedback is very important for us to know the details of his station in this case to take action on the recommendations we made​​, we regret has left such a bad impression of our hotel.
We look forward to your preference on some other occasion and to assist you as you deserve.

Many thanks for your understanding.

Reviewed March 15, 2008

My stay was so wonderful.

Since my arrival, the staff was so helpul. An my room really nice decorated as I seen at photos.

Food was delicious and personnel friendly.

It was a wonderful experience.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed March 11, 2008

As a first trip to Mexico City, I didn't know any better...

Colleagues were surprised we were booked in here - it has a reputation locally of hiring out rooms by the hour !

Also be very careful to use taxis approved by the hotel - although that is a general rule in Mexico City as per warnings given out by the US Embassy.

On the upside, the rooms were well appointed with quality fittings and were spacious, if rather dated. Breakfasts were also good.

However, I won't be staying here again - it does not deserve 4 star status.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check in / front desk

Thank you very much for the comments, as well expressa us is a very clean hotel with good facilities and the food is recommended and we are located about four main avenues which makes us a perfect location regret that services outside the Hotel you have made make the decision not to return.
Thank you very much for your understanding.

Reviewed October 31, 2006

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel Flamingos only for one night with a friend. The room was nice, but YES the bellboys go knock on your door in such imprudent times to tell you they need money.
In my case I asked for room service food, they brought it and I signed the ticket for them to charge it to the room, until here everything was ok, aproximately a half hour later here comes a bellboy knocking on my door to tell me (almost yelling) that "I don't have any credit", what the hell does he mean with that?? at the moment I was getting dressed and in such a hurry, that I couldn't even open the door to try to talk with this stupid guy. So I yelled back at him that I would pay at the Lobby desk. He left.

When I checked out the next morning at 6 am to go to the airport, I go to the desk to pay my ticket, and trust that the guy is doing everythink correctly.

Then the friend who was with me in the room checked out at 1 pm and she got charged again for what I've ordered and already payed. She thought that I forgot so she payed. Too bad.

This tells me that maybe the guy who charged me was so asleep or something but that he couldn't do things right! and nobody cares!

I think they are incompetent and have no prudence at all.

Currently I'm trying to solve this with the Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2006

I booked online through priceline and got a great rate for this hotel $75USD. The check-in was very efficient and and although I stayed only one night every contact with the staff was positive. My room was generally clean although the toilet appeared to have not been thouroughly cleaned. The fixtures were moodern and in good working order. My room was on the first floor facing the street. The traffic was very noisey throughout the night and sound insolation was poor. If noise bothers you do not stay in a room facing the street! I was looking for a safe, clean hotel for one night as I was flying out the next day This hotel met those needs. There was a safe in the room for my camera and I was just able to fit my small laptop in there also. The area was not very convenient to the places that I wanted to see, Reforma and Zona Rosa, although the hotel hailed a cab for me and for about 95 pesos I was taken to Zona Rosa. I could not see that the surrounding area had any restaurants or stores within walking distance, although I did not ask or investigate thouroughly secondary to time restraints. Because of this I ate breakfast in the hotel which was fair, but failry expensive -- 140 pesos for a buffet. I personally would pay a bit more for a hotel in a different area if I were to return. I had no problem getting to the airport in about 40 minutes the next day and the fare was about 175 pesos.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2006

I was very skeptical given the prior reviews. I must say, though, the staff was extremely helpful. Maybe they have been briefed in a meeting that they needed to kick up the service. Maybe they fired all those people and hired new ones. Whatever happened, it worked. The entire staff was entirely accomodating on whatever you may need.
The location is not the best but there is a metro station about three blocks down that is very accessible. The buffet is great and has lots of choices! I would suggest including it in the room rate. I would definitely stay at this hotel again for my next stay in Mexico City.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business