Emporio Reforma
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Premier(Mexico City)
Sevilla Palace(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Hotel El Ejecutivo(Mexico City)
Plaza Madrid(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Hotel Regente City(Mexico City)
  • Restaurant
Corinto Hotel(Mexico City)
  • Pool
Exe Cities Reforma(Mexico City)
Hotel Manalba(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Hotel Irys Astoria(Mexico City)
1,066 results
All reviewszona rosajacuzzi tubroom was pretty smalljunior suitethe hotel staffstandard roomsingle beddoor manstreet vendorsmodern amenitiesspecial thanksper daybuffet breakfast issafe areamin walkyour luggagechapultepec park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice cozy hotel in the tgrand Reforma avenue. Well located. You can move around as tourist or business man.

Single room was small, but with all necesities. Nice bathtub with hidromassage.

Servixe always kind, but reservation through their webpage not recommended, as they don't recognize the number, although they respext the room rate.

Cafe well located for morning coffe and biscuits on your out. Safe taxi service at your disposal at the back entrance.

WIFI notsuited for work. You need to be connected through ethwrnet to get a good signal.

If you want a nice view, ask for the rooms facing Reforma street.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank mimitours360
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

We really really appreciate your comments and it is a pleasure for us to know your stay was comfortable and nice. Everytime, we try to continue with the same service and quality. One more time thank you very much.

We hope that you will visit us again soon

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is an old, clean, hotel in Reforma. Old means lots of beautiful stone and materials in the architecture, but it also means lots and lots of steps up and down. Your rolling luggage is going to be a pain to move around. The breakfast buffet is a waste of time and money unless you are a fan of very traditional Mexican breakfasts. Just a big room with no view or atmosphere to speak of. I would say hit the beautiful coffee shop in the lobby with the view of the avenue, but they are sllooooowwwww! Never fear, the avenue just out the door is fantastic and there are many wonderful places to grab something within walking distance.

By today's standards, the rooms are Microtel tiny. My room had a window, but it was behind a wall so I couldn't see anything. Reforma has a bunch of these great little old hotels. This one has a great location but just around the corner are better ones. I will try to stay at a different one every time, just so I can review them and compare.

I found the staff friendly and helpful, but pretty tedious and time consuming. There was no line when I checked out, but it still took 15 minutes. My USA Mastercard caused them a lot of time on the computer figuring out how to charge me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window that isn't blocked by a structure.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank joelinda
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thanks for your feedback, everyone will try to service and offers the best that we can. The Hotel has different kind of rooms and views. The Restaurant is Mexican food a buffet, the other option is a Coffee Shop in the lobby.

We hope that you will visit us again soon, thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice hotel near the city center. The room was super clean and the buffet breakfast was wonderful. We had a problem with the safe and they sent someone right away. The room however was quite small but worth my money

Room Tip: .Order a double room. The standard is very small if you are going to be sharing a bed
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We really appreciate your comments and it is a pleasure for us to know your stay was comfortable and nice. Everytime, we try to continue with the same service and quality. One more time thank you very much.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

A good portion of the hotel staff do not speak any English. At night time its even worse. I had to make about 7 phone calls to try to order room service. Which wasnt what I ordered, 3 times they brought the wrong dish, before I got the right order (it took over an hour to get my food because of this). Many times when I called they put me on hold and hung up on me. It was very confusing.
I wouldnt know how good the location is because I was a girl flying SOLO and as soon as I stepped onto the streets the whole world was staring at me. Do not wear shorts in mexico. Or singlets. Regardless of weather. Because of the unsafe feeling when leaving the hotel I mainly stayed at the hotel unless my local friends were able to take me out. The wifi in my room was non existant. You will have to be in the lobby to get any useful type of reception.
Otherwise I loved the service, the room was great (my mexican friend told me its the best room he's ever seen), the prices were good too.
If I came again I would make sure I speak spanish for less problems, and definately wear jeans and a hoody regardless of the 30+ degree heat.... It's the only way you can fit in if you leave the hotel =P

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PkTravelling
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, Director General at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear,

We really sorry for the inconvenience, Could you please give more information about the person in the hotel that do not speak English and which was your room number and your check in the hotel because we are going to investigate about that person, because it is very important to us to understand all the things that our guests needs.

All the time we are trying to offered a good service, but in this occasion that was not possible, sorry again and I wish you forget the inconvenience and give us another opportunity to serve you as you deserve; just remember all good things in the hotel.

Thanks for your feedback, we hope that you will visit us again soon

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I chose this hotel based on its location and reviews. In summary, while it has a few faults I thought it was great and would stay here again. The hotel is nicely appointed, and although the rooms are perhaps smallish on American standards, I found my single room to be perfectly adequate. I stayed here for 7 nights for business and the desk and chair in the room are good. My room was not facing the main street and I didn't hear any street noise. The walls are on the thin side, but I found that turning the air conditioning on meant I didn't hear anything. (Yes, the AC is very noisy but it was fine for me). The staff was always friendly and attentive, although sometimes I had to talk to a couple of people before I found an English speaker. Breakfast is outstanding and the service in the restaurant is impeccable. The hotel staff are able to arrange taxis, usually the tourist taxis, at short notice. I found these taxis very expensive compared to the normal taxis, but I have been told that it is very dangerous to hail cabs on the street as you may be subject to crime. The SITIO taxis that you can find at taxi stands are cheaper and a bit safer than hailing off the street. I didn't mind paying a bit more for safety reasons. Each evening I received a chocolate and a card with the weather forecast, which was a lovely touch. Room service was prompt, affordable and good, although if you can, you really should eat Mexican food while you're here - it's just so amazing!

I got a good price on the room and for the price I don't think I could have gotten a better deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Joanna M
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thanks a lot for you review. we really appreciate your comments I take the notes for improve the services. About the taxi, the cost is high definitely at difference with another however that taxis are 100% safe.

We hope that you will visit us again soon