“5 stars? it's a joke”

Ranked #95 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Copenhagen, Denmark
“5 stars? it's a joke”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Probably it was an unlucky stay, but this hotel cannot be a 5*! In Asia it would be a 2* or maximum 3*!! Awful service, very old rooms with cracks on the sink or on the floor. Two elevators only for a building with 20 floors, awful service at the reception and a funny guy for the room service that pretends the tips and doesn't live. The first night at my arrival I didn't have cash at all and he kept going on until I called the reception..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank sasuke80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
Goshen, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

This would have been a 4 If the elevator worked properly. The food, rooms and friendly staff were great. I often took the service stairs because of the bad elevator. Unfortunately during my stay my friend fell down about 4 floors in the void of the unsafe stairs. He survived but was taken to the hospital.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank nyprtraveler

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week in 2010.

this is a good hotel the staff are very friendly. The hotel staff helped me to locate few of the good local Vegetarian restaurant and the service and breakfast in the hotel is very good. The hotel also offer bikes to go around city which is a bonus. The hotel is located in the CBD which is nice, on the down side the roof top swimming pool is very small.

The staff also booked me hotel in Acapulco for me which was very nice for me considering I dont speak local language and I was all by myself.

I would recommend this hotel for travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank varun j
sofia,bulgaria
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The hotel is surprisingly good for a hotel for groups, service is good,stuff is helpful,breakfast is very good and served quickly the air condition was good really I was there at the end of December and I needed it a lot

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rumiana1951
Mexico
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here with my family several weeks ago. We stayed only one night. The room was very spacious (a suite for 3 people) but in spite of being a non-smoking room, there was an intense cigarette smell, as if the guest before us was smoking the whole time. All of our clothes were impregnated with that deep smell.

The bathroom sink had a toothpaste cap from a previous guest, and the lighting in the bathroom was very poor. The AC was very noisy.

Besides fruit, there weren't vegetarian options for breakfast.

I'm sorry but I think I'll not stay in this hotel again in the future. I've stayed in cheaper hotels that are cleaner than this one. The staff was really nice and helpful though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank errdrzn
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for a week during the Thanksgiving of 2013. Our experience has been mixed.

Negative - Most importantly, communication problem led me to pay more than initially I booked this hotel for. It got sorted out after 3 days but I have to pay for 3 days at the higher price than first agreed upon over the phone from America. I would say this is mostly due to communication.

Positive - The buffet breakfast was great. We enjoyed our breakfast before heading out for sightseeing. They have about 40% options for vegetarians but hot omellet and scrambled eggs made up for the difference.

Negative - Elevators were not working for about 3 to 4 days. We have to climb up to 10 floors. Man! that was a steep hike for about 3 days, 2 to 3 times in a day.

Neutral - Some staff were very helpful, and some were not. We stayed there for 6 nights just to make the point.

Positive - Perfect location! Very close to the monument of revolution. During the time we stayed, there was a demonstrations/camping by protestors around the monument. The place around the hotel was barricaded, and police were present all the time in that area during our stay. But still, it wasn't so much of a big inconvenience or scary situation. Again, the hotel is close to the monument, and somewhat located close to the Palacio.

Positive - They don't add chlorine in the water. At least they did not put chlorine in water when we stayed there. However, swimming pool looks like a big bath tub. It is not that big. But it's on the terrace. Soaking in the sun in the afternoon and sipping drinks in the evenings near the pool on the terrace, adds to the mood.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlienTraveller1978
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Hotel Casa Blanca
Review

We checked in at room 121. It has a queen size bed in a very small room area. The bathroom follows (very small floor area also). The room provides very basic necessities (shampoo, soap, lotion and towels), not very grandeur.

Cleanliness
I would rate it 3.5 out of 5, 5 highest. If you ask if they give complimentary bottle water, which is the standard, they'd tell you that you can get drinking water from the sink. They do have a separate faucet which connects to a water filter, but still.

The room in general is clean. We requested that they change the bedsheets, and were able to comply. We came back to our room satisfied.

INTERNET
They don't have free internet. You need to pay for it:

USD 6 / MXN 60 - 1 day wifi internet
USD 3 / MXN 25 - 1 hour wifi internet

The login can only be used for one device. If you have 2 devices, your choice is to pay twice.

Another advice, their internet connection is slow. They have better connection when you're in the lobby though.

FOOD
Their food is good. We ate at the hotel for breakfast and dinner. The breakfast, as i've noticed, are the same on the 3 days.

SERVICE
Service is great! One time we were out the whole day touring Mexico, and came back in the hotel very late because of the rally outside the hotel. The waiters were there, ready to serve us, even if it was late in the evening. Usually our dinner is buffet, but what they did was they prepared a different food for the group, a la carte, since the buffet was cleaned up already. But the really impressive thing was, the waiters were there, and they served us openly. Literally waiting on us to finish our dinner late that night.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor are small. But it might be the same with the rest. Try checking in o...