“Not many restaurants nearby”

Hotel Casa Blanca Mexico City
Ranked #97 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Hotel was clean and room quite large. We dined in the hotel dining room on our first night and it was deserted, overstaffed and with tv on showing football. Food was OK but not best we have had in Mexico. We looked around for somewhere to eat nearby and tried the Argentine Grill opposite which was OK - football on again though. We didn't find anywhere else within walking distance. Handy for Avenue Reforma. Room was quite old fashioned but no complaints about general standard of bathroom etc. It was all very clean. We had to pay extra for wifi - but coffee machine with coffee for two but creamer for one - was free. No minibar.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EADargue
There are newer reviews for Hotel Casa Blanca Mexico City

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at this place during our stay in Mexico city. The rooms were quite spacious with a sofa too and the bath was neat. The check in was smooth and the staff was courteous. The breakfast spread was ok, though it got crowded one of th days due to a big tour group. The wifi was good but not free. One of the room facing the roadside was a little noisy due to the sit in protest at the monument nearby. The location was close to centro historico and Reforma. Also taxis were easily available just outside the hotel lobby. It was value for money and I will surely recommend to stay again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Prema_C
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was quite a good hotel overall.. the staff were mostly helpful. Very nice having the outside bar and pool on the roof, very nice. Mexico City is very big and loud and full of people so this was a little haven. BUT the room was sooooo ugly and dated that it was like going back in time. The food for breakfast was very average, bad decor in there too... but it is very close to the historical centre. Probably wouldn't go back... unless there wasn't another choice with a pool. They give you coffee free in the room ... but there isn't enough in the packet to make more than one cup and you are given fake powdered milk only... why bother. free ice in halls ... but mini bar is locked and you pay $50 for the pleasure of it being unlocked even if you only use the fridge and don't buy anything. Oh and our toilet leaked water over the floor every day... not so nice.

Room Tip: I gather not all rooms get a window... best to ask!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrive tehre at midnight because Our hotel was overbooked. It is a nice hotel.
Rooms were not that big, decor on the rooms look like the 70's ( althoug i can tell everything is not more than 2 years old), some oorm dot have window. Internet is with a fee.
Location is very good, you even have "tortas" across the street from the hotel. Reforma is one block away. People was helpful. It was full of tourist. There where 5 star on the walls but for me was a good 4 ****.

Room Tip: better to ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank francisco g
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here so many times. Hotel " Casa Blanca" has always been my first choice when staing overnight in Mexico City. The hotel is close (10 min. walk) to the historic centre of Mexico City.
Rooms are clean. Last August I reserved a double-bed room but while arriving all rooms were occupied so they put me in a huge room for the same price.

Staff is helpfull and friendly. Less point is restaurant. However there are many restaurants just around the corner on Paseo de la Reforma to choose from.

There is a taxicervice outside. Not cheap but always available. Especially if you need a very early ride to the airport. Ask for " Mario" !!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank los3loco
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I am easy going but I feel obliged to inform u guys about this hotel:
- my room was all green
- dark bathroom
- not all plugs work
- terrible dinner, I had breakfast included but decided to pay it and pay for breakfast outside the hotel
- I ordered extra fries and they did not bring it, I asked mineral water and they brought me a coke, I asked mayonnaise and they brought me ketchup
- laundry: asked for pick up at 10h30 and arrived at 19h30 after work and it was still here
- I probably forget thing

I will stay here only 3 days and switch to another hotel for the last two days of my stay.

By the way, it is NOT the language problem because my Spanish is ver good...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here when we returned to Mexico City. It was pretty cheap (we paid around £35/night), and it is around a 15/20 minute walk to the zocalo. The front desk were a bit hit-and-miss, some staff were really helpful, others not so much. Wi-fi is not included, you have to pay additionally for this. We had a drink in the top floor bar (which was pretty pricey) and we didn't eat any food there. It is affordable, the mattress is comfortable (although we had a plastic mattress protector which was pretty annoying). For a cheap room, this is good, just don't expect a high-star hotel - it is average.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple