“Still here & enjoying our stay.”

Best Western Estoril
Ranked #208 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed September 24, 2012

So far so good! 4 more days to our stay, but the staff has been very nice & very helpful. Everyone seems to speak enough English that it helps suppliment our very limited Spanish. Within walking distance of the National Cathedral and the Templo Major, 7-11 4 blocks up is a convenient spot for getting bottled water as you can walk it pretty quickly. We haven't neede a taxi once since arriving from the airport and that was a big relief. The staff have a list of tours you can sign up for, our first is tomorrow, and most are very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Best Western Estoril

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Hotel is ok if you stay 1 night, rooms on the back are more quiet. Hotel need a refresh but area is safe and breakfast is decent. Water pressure for shower is an issue like in a lot of hotels in Mexico.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2012

On saturday the Sep 8th I checked-in aproximately at 11:30 pm. On monday I noticed that the Bedspread had a blood stain and it hadn't been washed. I took a picture of the bedspread, went to the Front Desk and asked the Recepcionist to ask the maid to change it. No apology was given to me. I even left the bedspread on the floor with the stain up front.
I went out the whole day and returned around 7pm, the rooms had already been cleaned. (I assumed the bedspread was changed)
Next day (Monday) I had a Seminar on the same hotel, I left at 9: 00 am and returned to the room at 7:30 pm. I removed the covers (the bedspread) and found out that the SAME BEDSPREAD WAS STILL ON MY BED WITH THE BLOOD STAIN. I inmediately went to the Front Desk, and asked to talk to the General Manager. I asked the Manager Ms. Mercedes Boullosa if she had an office where I could tell her my problem (I didn't want to do it at the Fron Desk since there were many people at the lobby), and she just said: Tell me Sir! I explained the problem, and she just turned to ask the Bell Boy to go to my room to change the bedspread. Again No apologies were given to me, and they didn't replace the bedspread nor changed the sheets.
Even though I had reservation until Sunday September 16th, I checked-out on Wed 12th.
On top of that, when I was checking-out I had to wait for 50 minutes at the Front Desk since I asked the Recepcionist for an Invoice under the company's name.
The Front Desk personnel and Ms. Boullosa just don't care about the guests.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FW1019
Reviewed May 17, 2012

we had a week tour in Yucatan, this hotel was one of the best we had during this trip. It is a plaisant hotel, the rooms are nice but no windows outside (except few rooms on the front of the hotel), the rooms are around a patio on several floors. beds are good, the bathroom quite old but it was ok. The breakfast is very simple when there is no other groups, but it is a buffet when it is quite full. Except this hotel can be very noisy because people stop in the patio coming back from a walk in the city until 2 o'clock in the morning. There was a group of students, the were very noisy until midnight, not taking care they were in an hotel with other people. It seems that at the reception, they don't take care about such problem, we have to do ourselves the 'police'. The hotel is at 10 mins from the center of the city (cathedrale, town hall, center square where it is pleasant to stay because it is quite busy with singers, music etc. during the evening. there was a storm and the street was quite overflooded, impossible to cross the street because of the temporarly torrent, you have to cross without shoes (but there is a bookshop across the street to spend time when you are blocked on the other side of the street).

Room Tip: the rooms on the streets are larger and you will appreciate to have windows on the street (not too n...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The ad on the Best Western website said there was shuttle service from the airport. When we finally found how to call from the airport, we were told that we had no resevation, even though we had a confirmation number in hand. When my husband asked (after having to get the mananger) to have a shuttle pick us up anyway and we would settle it when we got there, we were told that there was no driver available (around 3 pm) and we would have to take a taxi. So, 210 pesos later (around $20), we arrived to more denials of our resevation and then finally it was miraculously found. The room was decent but when we went to the restaurant for dinner, it was so empty we couldn't even find a cook. Finally someone came and assured us that the restaurant was open (at 7 pm.) We left, no feeling too secure about that! The next day we asked for a shuttle to the airport and were told there was none but we could get a taxi for 120 pesos! We asked for a large, authorized taxi since that is what the sign all over the airport says, and a small, unmarked car came for us. My husband refused it and then a large, unmarked van came. The hotel assured us it was OK, he works for us. Over my husband's objections, we took the van, which was now 140 pesos! We got to the airport OK but the drive was somewhat harrowing. I would not recommend this hotel. We thought the BW name would assure some security and familiarity, but not so!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MzMurf
Reviewed January 24, 2011

this standard Best Western hotel is oke of course, but be aware that the hotel is 45 min. walk from the Zocalo (Central Square) and 30 min walk from the nearest Metrostation (with bad connections). The hotel lies in a unattractive neighbourhood and is only interesting for large tourgroups.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This is the fourth time we stayed at this hotel, and their service remains as good as always. Clean rooms, clean bathrooms, nice amenities, restaurant ok, very friendly and helpful staff, no noise, free of cigar smoke, etc. Its located 7 blocks from Juarez Avenue, one of the main avenues of the city, and near Balderas and Juarez metro stations. My only complain, the internet connection...very poor most of the times, we needed to go downstairs to the reception area in order to get good signal.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends