Stayed here in mid-November for a business conference, two nights. Read some of the reviews that suggested the place may be in need of renovation - saw none of that when I was there. Cabbie said Obama stayed here; can't verify, but the place definitely felt "presidential." Room was pristine, great view of Mexico City (think I was on the 37th floor), great staff, nice layout, good restaurants within walking distance if you don't want to eat in the hotel itself. Wi-fi worked great and as Priority Club Gold member it was free. Neighborhood is about as good as it gets in Mexico City; there is actually a Bentley dealership maybe a tenth of a mile or so from the hotel though there were also a few people at the low end of the economic scale trying to make it by having their young children sell flowers to tourists (Mexico City is a city of contrasts). Great Italian restaurant maybe a quarter of a mile up the road (place is on the second floor of a modern office-like building). Enjoyed watching some of the traffic from my room - Mexico City is kind of controlled chaos on the roads. Would imagine this would be a great place if you had more time to be a tourist; couldn't do that as I attended the conference. Would have to say that the bar layout of the place was nice, though. It is located in the middle of a sunken section just to the right of check-in and it is open-air and spacious. Great place to mingle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Mexico City is an award-winning hotel in Polanco, one of the capital's most dynamic cultural, business and shopping areas. This prestigious building is close to the National Museum of Anthropology, Chapultepec Park and Castle and the National Auditorium. Nearby Mazaryk Avenue and Antara Mall are also worth seeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Presidente Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Presidente Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Intercontinental Mexico City
- Mexico City Intercontinental