The Intercontinental Mexico City is a "classic" for business travellers to the city. Apparently, this is where many foreign VIPS come (the Chinese president stayed there at his last visit - June 2013 if I remember well). I have stayed there various times between May and September 2013 for business purposes.
Positive aspects: fantastic location (close to Chapultepec park which is great for running, and at a walking distance to the lively Polanco bars and restaurants), a good choice of restaurants within the hotel itself (French, Italian, Chinese,...), great view (particularly the park views), good service. Negative aspects: rooms a bit old fashion (I understand they are progressively renovating them), can be a bit noisy by night (no great noise isolation). I would have appreciated a swimming pool (a real pity), but to be fair, the gym is nice (with a view as well). Some tips: the buffet brunch on Sunday morning/afternoon at La Chimenea restaurant is a good option, ask for a park view room (really worth it I tell you), restaurant Le pied de cochon is 24/7, which can be helpful when you are dealing with serious jetlag...
I must add that I paid my company negociated prices which made the rates very reasonable for this category of hotels (daily rate: 140$ without taxes). Overall: a solid choice for business travellers: not necessarily exceptional but no bad surprises! I always come back to the Presidente...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Mexico City is an award-winning hotel in Polanco, one of the capital's most dynamic cultural, business and shopping areas. This prestigious building is close to the National Museum of Anthropology, Chapultepec Park and Castle and the National Auditorium. Nearby Mazaryk Avenue and Antara Mall are also worth seeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Presidente Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Presidente Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Intercontinental Mexico City
- Mexico City Intercontinental