“Stolen item from the room”

InterContinental Presidente Mexico City
Ranked #20 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Over the years i have chosen different hotels to stay when in mexico city. The service is slow, very inefficient, the rooms are very dated and on one occassion my perfume was simply stolen from my room while i was still staying there. Despite my reporting of the theft and my request to the front desk manager to return the perfume, nothing came of it. Just words and that was it. I barely received an apology. I would recommend people to stay at the W instead, or the marriot . Significantly better service, and much better rooms. Both hotels are next door to this one and you are far more likely to leave with what you came with.

Room Tip: Dont stay here. Pick a hotel next door.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Guillermo447, General Manager at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

I have read your review and I want to apologize for the inconveniences you had in your last visit. Regarding your comment of your perfume stolen, as you know we searched all over your room, did an investigation and unfortunately it was not found; therefore we cannot take responsibility or accept that it was stolen in our property. We firmly believe it did not happen in our hotel. On the other hand we have to admit that our guestrooms need to be rehabilitated, and as a matter of fact we are presently working on different sample rooms and it is our goal to start a total renovation early next year. Also let me mention that this year so far we have renovated other areas like the gym, club lounge and most recently our lobby bar.
It is a pity that you have such a bad impression of our hotel and we would like to change it if you give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future to provide you with the service you expect from an InterContinental hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Guillermo Valencia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

After a long trip, I waited nealry 20 minutes to check-in ... not a good start! Hotel is just ok ... out-dated and not very special. I only stayed one night but would look for another option next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Higher levels offer a nice view of the city.
1  Thank EdsGirlBoston
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear EdsGirlBoston,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the long wait during check in. We will look into this. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Here for a long stay and have some personal amenities that I brought with me and family; they have bent over backwards to accomodate us too include one in particular work staff member, Juan C, who provided professional services in connecting internet to my sons game box and our own personal phone that we brought with us!!! I can state unequivocally that this is by far one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Kudos to the El Presidente!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the upper floor suites......incredible views of the city and most relaxing!!!
Reviewed September 25, 2012

An excellent hotel with all necessary services and a great restaurant inside (Le pied de Cochon). A well oiled machine, lots of space, well located in Polanco, and many great eat and drink places in the immediate surroundings. A Starbucks just accross the street for the afficionados.
I like the spacious rooms, although during my last stay, I had a noisy room. Not usual for this hotel.
Great view on te city.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed there for business for 5 nights and had a great time.
I am a club member and stayed and the club level.

Overll the hotel is great and for sure above the 4 stars mentioned in Tripadvisor.

Breakfast, service, gym and location were great.
Staff was friendly and helpful.

Rooms should go some under renovation as the feeling is that they are getting a bit old.
Bed was comfortable and room is big an very convenient.

If you have time when you are there, take the Turibus and see the city (main stop is just across the hotel) and also visit the park and zoo.

Room Tip: High floor rooms will give you a great view to the park (recommended)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Guillermo447, General Manager at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Your comments are very rewarding, and make me even more proud of my staff. I am glad you had an excellent stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We came to the hotel for a medical meeting. We expected great things having heard that this was the hotel that President Obama stayed when he was here. Boy were we disappointed. The first night we were not able to get the room temperature below 80 F. After two visits by maintenance, they sent up a fan to, at least, move the air. The coffee maker did not work. The safe did not work. Most disappointing, the doorman out front would not call a regular, metered taxi. The taxi he called was going to charge 4 times the cost of the metered taxi that we subsequently used. We tried the "top rated" French restaurant at the hotel "Au Pied de Cocbon" and were very disappointed. The escargot were particularly tasteless. Find another hotel if you have a choice!

1  Thank jerryedw
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear jerryedw,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations and the restaurant during your stay. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day. I have taken note of your comment regarding the restaurant food. This will be passed on to the proper department. We do value the comments we receive from our guests as these help us improve the quality and service that we offer.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at the Intercontinental Presidente Mexico City for business for several days, and it was exactly what I needed. Service was friendly, rooms were nice and clean, and the location of the hotel was perfect. Anything I needed was in walking distance or a short taxi ride. Would highly recommend to anyone for a short or long visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Guillermo447, Manager at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review and for talking so highly of our staff, the service and facilities of our hotel. I am glad we achieved our main goal which is provide a memorable stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon, I remain,

Sincerely yours,