“A very special Polanco hotel with superb service!”

InterContinental Presidente Mexico City
Ranked #19 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A very special Polanco hotel with superb service!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We have just recently departed from a stay at the Presidente InterContinental Hotel in Mexico City and wanted to share with fellow Tripadvisor readers our exemplary experience. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and at home. We were kindly greeted by Ms. Joslin Fuentes Diaz, who informed us to contact her personally should we need anything. Then when we arrived in the wonderful suite, which we were upgraded to, a lovely bottle of wine and cheese and crackers were there waiting for us. This special amenity was thoughtfully sent to us by Ms. Christina Chapa, along with a lovely welcome note. Further, we also have Christina to thank, along with Mr. Mario Laguna for making every aspect of our stay exceptional.

From the moment Mr. Laguna answered the phone and graciously took our reservation to his connecting us with Ms. Chapa to assist with any personal needs our stay was perfect.
They were each attentive, gracious and displayed excellent follow through and oversight. In sum, impeccable service.

We feel compelled to also mention that the gracious service, which Ms. Chapa and Mr. Laguna excelled at, extended throughout the staff at this hotel. Staff members were constantly opening doors, greeting us kindly with smiling faces and anticipating our needs. And while we were the recipients of such fine service we were in a beautiful hotel with superb restaurants, lovely shops, situated in the most convenient location in Polanco.

On a personal note, we make all of these observations from the vantage point of having stayed hundreds of nights at not only InterContinental Hotels, but other luxury collection hotels as well. However, after our stand out experience this past week, the Presidente InterContinental has become a destination hotel for us.

This hotel and it’s staff do the InterContinental brand proud and inspire us to be frequent guests and compel us to provide a hearty recommendation for this special Polanco hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2012

As a frequent business traveler, I have experienced a lot of hotels throughout the world, especially in Mexico where we do most of our business. By far, Intercontinental Presidente is one of the best in customer service. Overall their staff is extremely attentive and efficient. When visiting, I urge you to please see, Mr. Mario Alberto Laguna Ortega. This gentleman always goes out of his way to provide the best service. He is courteous, polite, professional and has superb customer service skills. I highly recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review. I really appreciate your excellent comments on our staff and in particular the Night Manager, Mario Laguna.

I have shared your comments with my team, and a special recognition is being made to Mario.

It is our goal to provide excellent service and I am glad we achieved it.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Kind regards,

Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for business travel. The hotel overall was nice. The lobby was beautiful. The restaurants were great as well. The location is also good. We were able to walk to nearby restaurants and coffee shops. The rooms are a little dated. Also, the housekeeping did not pay attention to the small details. There was hair in the tub upon arrival. Also, there was small stain on a sheet on one of the beds so I chose to sleep in the other bed which had a slight tear in one of the sheets. I will take fault for not mentioning this during the stay. However, after exhausting business days I had not energy to raise a complaint.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Guillermo447, General Manager at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and we do take them seriously.
I apologize for not taking care of small details as you mentioned, since that's what really makes the difference in our business.

In regards to the rooms, you are totally right, and as a matter of fact we are working in the project of remodeling all our guestrooms. We already have some sample rooms with a new look.

I look forward to having you back in the near future and deliver the service you expect from an InterContiental Hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I just love it. Everything is close to it. After a two hours delayed flight at Boston airport I arrived to the InterContinental at Polanco and I got the first class service I needed.
Check in was swift and my room so comfy, they have a Spa now!! I felt really pampered.
My business meetings were walking-distance from the Hotel so I did not have to care about peak hour rush. I know different Hotels and it is here were I felt that I was understood and taken care of on every need. The buffet breakfast is fresh and fully flavoured (fruits in Mexico City are awesome).
I really recommend it for the Polanco area.

Room Tip: Executive Rooms include drinks and canapes with an extraordinary panoramic view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 1000Rivers
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Their lobby is amazing and so are their restaurants, but if you are traveling, you don't go to a hotel because of that. You go because of the rooms and the service.
The rooms are old. We were a big party, and almost all of us had to ask for air conditioning towers because the ones in the rooms were out. The handles of the sink did not work ok and they were loosen and the handle of the shower put the water too hot or too cold. It was difficult to find the place to put it where I felt confortable.
We has special rates because of the size of our party, but the regular prices are high. There are several hotels several steps away that are newer and similar in prices.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Chapultepec park, have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Guillermo447, General Manager at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I have read your review and shared your comments with my team.

I apologize for the inconveniences you had which are not acceptable, and I regret that we didn't solve them immediately.

I have to admit that the rooms need to be updated and we are presently working in a project to do a full renovation to start in the second semester. As a matter of fact the model rooms are being done as we speak.

The temperature in recent days was higher than normal in Mexico City; however our air conditioning system should be able to cool the guestrooms.

Once again, I am sorry you did not have a pleasant stay. I have shared your comments with my staff to make sure we take corrective actions and avoid these type of situations to re-occur.

Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Being located in the Polanco area is a big plus for this hotel. Whether traveling for pleasure or business this hotel stands to be one of the better hotels in the area. For those wanting to access public transportation the Auditorio metro station is just steps away. The concierge was friendly and gave me great tips on getting around. I stayed at the property for 5 days, the room was clean, but no special attention was given in the bathroom area as is customary at other IC properties. I stayed on a Business floor the room itself compares to a Holiday Inn style room both in furnishing and size. The club floor was well stocked for breakfast, happy hour and had great attentive service. There is no pool at this property. My room did have a great view of the National Auditorium.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I have shared with my staff your comments; thanked Concierge for a good job and asked other department heads to work in those areas that we need to improve.

In regards to guestrooms we know they need to be updated, and as a matter of fact we are currently working in some sample rooms. We expect to start renovations in the second semester.

It's true we don't have a swimming pool; however we just opened a Spa after listening to our guests feedback on what they wanted more.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you back soon.

Israel
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Presidente gives you a good room, perfect service, good dining and an excellent business center, for a good price.
The rooms are quite large, with amazing view to the north, decent bed and well equipped bathroom.
The staff is very good, polite and efficient, All my few requests were promptly answered and they leave you alone if you stay and work in your room.
The restaurant is very good, well designed for a business dinner or lunch if you need it.
If you take the executive club rooms, you get free access to the small but excellent business center, as well as a small breakfast and snack free restaurant.
Overall, a very good return for a decently priced hotel. Perfect for a business trip.
Location is not far from the old center, a short taxi drive will get you anywhere.

Room Tip: All the rooms I've been into on the top (36-41) floors were excellent. try to get a north facing...
Dear Guest,

Thank you a lot for your review. We really appreciate your comments which talk very highly of our hotel and its staff.

I am pleased to learn that we met your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely yours,