InterContinental Presidente Mexico City
$159
$141
Agoda.com
1,698 results
All reviewsau pied de cochonalfredo di romathe club loungepolanco areachapultepec parknational auditoriumwalking distancebusiness tripbusiness centerhigh floorexecutive floorconcierge desklobby bargreat areaenjoyed my stayfantastic locationsafe area
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I were in Mexico City visiting family and were able to get get away and spend one night at the Presidente celebrating our anniversary. I know many of the hotels in Mexico City and have to say that staying there was one of the best experiences I have had traveling in Mexico.

As soon as we entered the beautifull hotel, we were greeted warmly by a very friendly staff. As we entered our room there was cold champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. Our room was outstanding and we had an AMAZING view of Mexico City. Breakfast the next morning at the buffet was delicious and again, the wait staff gave us impecable service.

This hotel is right in the heart of one of the best areas in Mexico City to shop and dine and is centrally located for everything else! It also houses some of Mexico's best restaurants so if you don't want to venture out, you will be sure to have amazing meals. I highly recommend anyone wanting to travel to Mexico City to stay at the Intecontinental Presidente for a wonderful experience!

Thank you so much for helping us celebrate our anniversary!

Laurie Glasman

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
MAA-PIC, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Dear Mrs Glasman,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience in the social network.

We are highly motivated by your words and ensure you that we shall continue to strive for excellence in our Hotel, our Romantic options, the amazing panoramic view, our location as well as our breakfast variety. It is our duty and pleasure to make sure that you enjoy your stay as much as possible.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2011

I've only stayed in one other Mexico City hotel, so I don't have much to compare it to, butt I found this to be a reasonable place to stay. The best feature of the hotel is its location in the upscale Polanco area, which is one of the nicer areas to stay in this sprawling city. I also liked the public spaces well enough, with a big open lobby and a few public areas dotted with what look to be a very nice collection of restaurants. The room itself - which was not on a Club floor - was fine. With great views around Mexico City, it was clean enough and looked as if part of it had been recently refurbished (the carpet, for one, looked like they'd been recently replaced). It was, however, on the small side, and despite the new carpet, the much of the room looks on the worn side (most notably the bathroom). The bed - which I almost never comment on - had to be the hardest I've ever slept on in a hotel, and went beyond simply "firm". It wasn't uncomfortable - but it wasn't real comfortable either. Room service was friendly and timely, and the staff was helpful enough. Next time I'll probably try out another hotel for comparison. It's not quite up to the other Intercontinental Hotels I've stayed in, but my sense is it's probably one of the nicer places to stay in Mexico City.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wise2374
MAA-PIC, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are highly motivated by your words and ensure you that we shall continue to strive for excellence in our Hotel. We are proud to know that our location, big open lobby, Gourmet Center and great panoramic views in our rooms satisfied your senses.
We are currently developing the plans for enhancing certain features, including some of the mentioned in your valuable review.

Thank you very much for your patronage and your kind words.

With best regards,

Yvette Thüring

Reviewed January 10, 2011

This is the second time that I’m visiting Mexico City and what a great experience I had at the Intercontinental Hotel.
The service at the hotel was outstanding! I stayed at the Club Level and the Wait Staff at the Lounge provided a superior service that went above and beyond my expectations.
I had the opportunity to have Dinner at the Alfredo Di Roma restaurant. The food was phenomenal and the service was exceptional. It was an absolutely amazing evening.
While I’m planning to travel to Mexico City in the near future there is no doubt in my mind that I will be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
MAA-PIC, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are highly motivated by your words and ensure you that we shall continue to strive for excellence in our Hotel, our staff's service at the Club Level and Gourmet Center restaurants as Alfredo di Roma, which serves the original recipe of the Fetuccini Alfredo.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we will make sure our Chef prepares something special for you.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

I recently stayed at the InterContinental at Mexico City for a business meeting and my experience could hardly get better. This Hotel has all the elements you need in order to meet success in such destination.
After a a four hours flight check-in went smooth, and I tried the best pasta Alfredo Style ever in my life, which contributed to delight my customers apetites.
The Meeting Rooms at the Executive Floor are excellent, and the view of the Historic Chapultepec Park could not be better.
Did I mention that is located just in front the National Auditorium and I attended a great show!
One word to describe this Hotel is TOP!
I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
MAA-PIC, General Manager at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2010

Dear Guest,

We are highly motivated by your words and ensure you that we shall continue to strive for excellence in our Hotel, our staff's service and Gourmet Center restaurants as Alfredo di Roma, which serves the original recipe of the Fetuccini Alfredo.

The concept of our premises is highly devoted to help on performing great businesses, we are proud to contribute to your success at Mexico City.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Ok, we have stayed in many Intercontinental hotels in Europe and we expect nothing else than preffesional attitude and clean room. Everywhere else, we got not only this, but many more.

At MXC-Presidente, we got nothing. Everything started with annoyed front desk stuff, continued with hole in the sheet on the bed and grand finale is the billing problem - although I specifically asked receptionist to end the pre-authorisation of my bill, she made a new payment, which means that I not only paid (about 1200 pesos), but also got blocked another 4000 pesos on my bill for next month. Also I have to add that none of the personel was willing to help us with anything (especially at the bussines center, where thay simply need to finish their chitchat first). We had almost no sleep, because the hotel was so noisy and houskeeping lady woke us up at 8 am (of course we didnt order a wake up call).

I would never ever go back to this hotel and have to warn everybody else.

1  Thank ymmel
MAA-PIC, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion in this social network.
We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectation and you were not able to experience the excellence standards that we are known for.
We followed up carefully on each point you mentioned in your review. Where we were able to reconstruct the incident, we reviewed our reports. Rest assured that we consistently put emphasis on the importance of immediate action in regards to our guests’ feedback and concerns. We deeply apologize that this did not happen in your case.
As most IHG collaborators are aware, check-in procedures for non-prepaid rates, as this case, include a bank authorization for a specific amount. According to the bank records this amount was liberated at your time of check-out, therefore the Hotel has not withheld any amount.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do in order to reestablish your confidence in the Presidente InterContinental Mexico City.

With best wishes for a good Winter season and
kind regards from Mexico City,