“Beautiful City!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$88.00*
and up
Private Tour of Mexico City, Teotihuacan Pyramids and Lady of Guadalupe...
Ranked #7 of 509 things to do in Mexico City
More attraction details
Owner description: Mexico City's main street runs through an upscale residential neighborhood as well as the city's historic district.
Los Angeles, California
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Beautiful City!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I happened to be in town during a world's culture fair in June of 2013. The people were very nice and friendly. I was surprised by how safe Mexico City was compared to my home in Los Angeles. You can really feel the fusion between modern and traditional there. More pics and thoughts ay my Danger Avoider blog.

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Miami, Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“One of the worlds best boulevards”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am lucky to ride my bike to work along Reforma nearly every day...and it has not once gotten old. The fountains, the statues, the ambience...they are all amazing. Any time of year is good, but springtime -- when the jacaranda trees are in full flower -- is best. Extra bonus: it is closed on Sundays for bicyclists -- I highly recommend this. If there is any down side, it is that you should be aware that this is a common place for people to protest, and while the protests aren't violent, they can clog traffic along this otherwise amazing boulevard.

Visited January 2014
Dallas, Texas
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“The Angel”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a great monument. Basically the Mexican Statue of liberty, quick and easy to see, free, and worth the visit.

Plattsburgh, New York
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 276 helpful votes
“Experience the Paseo de la Reforma in a Sweat”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I love Sunday's in Mexico City. A major reason is because the Paseo de la Reforma is closed to cars and it becomes a pedestrian thoroughfare for runners, bikers, and walkers. From just above Alameda Park all the way down past the museums, most of the length of the Paseo, one finds this main artery of Mexico City free of traffic. Even by 9 am, the number if people out running or biking is sizable. Closer to noon, you are literally surrounded by thousands of Chilangos. Most impressive is the general courteous nature of the participants. Bike riders general move along at a slow to medium pace while runners keep to the side of the street. Medical services tents, bike repair stands, even chair massage can be found along the route. I even saw a group of EMT-types slowly riding bikes looking to be of assistance to people in need. After running a sizable portion of the Paseo, I decided to check out the bike rental situation since I had seen a number of vendors along my travels. As it turned out, you cannot rent a bike. You borrow a bike free of charge! How great is that! You will need official ID. My US passport card worked just fine. They will keep your ID on file until you return the bike. Some vendors offer better bikes than others. My recommendation is to find bikes offered by "Bicigratis". Also get a bike early! At 9 am, there will not be a wait and you'll be able to easily make several trips up and back on the Paseo. Although I had a bit of a clunker, it was still great fun. No hills, nice weather, and water stops along the way. My advice, get out and experience Mexico City as do the locals. It'll be a highlight of your vacation.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Grousedoctor
Dallas, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best First Time in Mexico”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The street was so beautiful and the amount of sculptures and artwork was astonishing. My grandparents and I walked this street everyday and we ended up walking many miles while we were on our week vacation. We walked everywhere except for one place...the Zoo.

Visited July 2013