“Great location!”

Best Western Hotel Majestic
Ranked #121 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The location of this hotel is the best. if one want to be in the heart of all the action this is the hotel for you. You find a lovely inner courtyard. The rooftop restaurant has a great view. The staff is friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank springbank

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Right on the Zocalo and pedestrian street at the front door. Heritage hotel built in 1937 and much of the original features are still there. Beautiful tiling and stairways, quaint lift. The plumbing is circa 1937 too. I learned on day 2 of my 6 day stay how not to get wet feet when using the wash basin.!
My room was large and comfortable and the staff were helpful and pleasant.
Breakfast buffet had good selection of dishes both cooked and fresh fruit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ozscot
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed in may 2013 for 2 nights. First let me say smth positive. The location is great (next to the zocalo) and the building has historic flair. Taking breakfast on the terrace while overlooking the square is nice (however you can do that as a non hotel guest). Now where to start. We arrived in the evening after coming from europe just looking for a bed to sleep in. The first room they gave us had the window towards the square where they did a sound check for a concert. It was super loud and we could not think about sleeping. The windows are non isolated so you here everything as well as we were not able to close them fully. The rooms have no air conditioning. We asked for another room which we got, that was nice. However that room had the windows towards the attic and it was really hot (i mentionedno air-co). We could here everthing that happened in the rooms next to us during the night, and with everything i really mean everything.... Maybe it would have been different if we had no jet lag and slept deeper. However the hotel is really outdated. They need a refurbishing asap. There are other hotels in mexico city/zocalo that are in the same price range and are way more pleasant!!! Honestly this was the worst hotel experience i ever had.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the zocalo can be terribly loud.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Simonezitrone
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I live in Mexico and I love to take by friends who visit to a nice pit stop for a drink at this place. How ever this was the first time I ate there. It was by far the worst food I have ever had in my life. The mash potato was like a soup, the meat was burned and dry, the fish wasn't cooked, the vegetables were as if they had been blended into a cream for days (mushy and tasteless). I guess the only good thing was the coke I ordered. And I had no option as they only had their buffet.
Just to make things worse they charge as if they had a cordon blue chef. Without any alcoholic drinks, I paid for two kids and two adults over $80 dollars!!! Not worth a single penny.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BadiaW
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel is located right at the Zócalo in Mexico City. We had a room overlooking the square, which was great. There's always something going on at the square and it makes for a spectacular view. The hotel looks very sophisticated and the staff is very friendly. We had some problems with the internet the first days but they fixed it for us. The only reason why I don't give it 5 stars is because the bed was very hard, we used extra blankets to make it a little softer and there is no airconditioning (you can ask for an electric fan at the reception). Overall I really liked this hotel and I can really recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The location of this hotel could not be better and the inner courtyard and entrance is lovely. But.. the rooms could use some love and definitely some new mattresses. Breakfast is offered for a price on the terrace which is quite lovely. Overall, i would choose again for the location but I would see if I could do better first.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mymx
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I blind booked the Best Western Majestic in Mexico City through Hotwire. After I received the confirmation with the hotel name I was dismayed to read the traveler's reviews here, and approached my coming stay with some trepidation. However my experience exceeded expectation.
I thought the hotel was absolutely delightful. No it is not modern, cookie-cutter, beige or uniform. Perhaps other travelers were expecting the blandness of most chain hotels. Yes the mattress was hard, yes there is only one old fashioned elevator, and yes the water is not blazing hot. The wifi was spotty, but I have found it an issue in Mexico and Europe for that matter. There is no fitness centre nor pool. That said, I can't imagine why anyone would get worked up about that. It's not like there isn't a tonne of things to see and do in Mexico City.

The old-world charm and location of the hotel makes up for this in spades. I loved the handmade Mexican tile that adorns the walls, the sweeping marble staircase, the cozy lobby and heavenly view from the rooftop restaurant. I also found the buffet breakfast reasonably priced, delicious and offering a good mix of traditional Mexican and American breakfasts. My room, which was large, airy, clean and bright, faced on to the Zòcalo! What a view. It was quiet enough for me to sleep at night.
Finally the staff were pleasant, friendly and helpful. Although it may help that I speak Spanish. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo