Mercado De Artesanias La Ciudadela

from $39.99
More Info
from $885.01
More Info
All reviews one stop shop arts and crafts few blocks gifts market vendors mercado mexico pesos mass
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

This large mercado is a great place to look for artesian goods if you don't have the time to venture out to where the artesanias make their goods. Large variety of souvenirs to choose from and you can try out your bargaining skills. It is also near the Centro historico and easy to get to. We took a cab.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Nice place to go if you need to buy souvenirs. Wish it had more homemade things...but overall if was a decent inside market.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a great time here last week shopping for gifts for family and friends, as well as for ourselves. My exchange student Mexican sister (40 years ago!) was our guide and she believes it is currently the best place for souvenirs in Mexico City at this time. The souvenirs and artisan work ranged from individually painted book marks all the way to an intricately beaded jaguar that was well over my shopping budget! We purchased two hammock chairs, some pottery, a silver chain, as well as a few other things. We also enjoyed our lunch there as well. Happy shopping!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Joanie212
Reviewed August 1, 2017

Lane after lane of colourful artefacts,jewellery,ceramics,shawls,souvenirs.
It's a paradise for Avid shoppers like me.
If you are doing only one market ,then let it be this one.
It is about 15 min walking from centro.
On the way back you will need a taxi to carry the goods.
There are many entrances.
Each lane has sellers with one type of goods.
It is a mid sized market,you will need 2/3 hours first 45 min to look around and compare the quality and price.
Haggling is a done thing particularly if you are buying in bulk.
Carry a sturdy shopping bag,energy ars,water- I didn't see any restaurant or street food stalls.

2  Thank Baarish
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

This is a huge, beautiful market! Great for shopping or just to stroll around. There is also a restaurant. I visited twice and it was never too crowded. Some prices seemed a little steep, but I also found some good deals. None of the venders are pushy at all!