“A safe choice and an excellent location”
Review of Hotel Catedral

Hotel Catedral
Ranked #16 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night in February 2012. The reviews suggested that this was a safe, comfortable choice for a stay in Mexico City, and they were right. What surprised me was the luxurious nature of the hotel: my room was very spacious, with a huge bed and plenty of room to move around, plus a jacuzzi. This was, I believe, one of the Hotel's suites; I had booked a regular single room but got upgraded due to availability constraints. If you're willing to pay extra then it's worth shelling out for one of these - I expect it's still very good value (or at least it will be for British travellers, who enjoy a favourable exchange rate with the Peso).

Service was smiley and helpful. Check out time is 11am and my flight from the airport didn't depart until 9pm that evening, so I was really pleased to find that the lobby was willing to take care of my luggage in the interim; they also booked me a taxi.

Overall, then, the Hotel Catedral was hard to fault (albeit based on a very brief stay).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed January 27, 2012

The biggest selling points for this hotel are the location and the price, it's a 5 minute walk to the historic centre and metro and from there you can go anywhere in Mexico city. There is so much happening in Mexico City that you will probably not be spending much time in your hotel room and the price here was excellent. For a very reasonable price you will get a clean, safe and comfortable room with all the basics that you need for short stay, and an easy to find and central location to return to after a long day in the city. The room has a special purified water outlet so you don't need to buy bottled water if you are concerned about drinking water.
Great view from the balcony rooms, even better views from the rooftop terrace if you feel like just sitting and relaxing outside. The staff were always very helpful and accommodating even with my lack of Spanish speaking skills, some of them can speak English very well. I will certainly be considering this hotel again on my next trip to Mexico city.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank zoowhami
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We had an excellent stay at Hotel Catedral. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable, at a moderate price. Though they don't have a gym, if you're someone who likes to work out (like me) there is a nice gym just 4 blocks away that will give you a discounted daily rate and has long opening hours. Finally, my friend and I accidentally left something important at the hotel and the staff held it safely for a week until we could get back to the DF to pick it up. I highly recommend Hotel Catedral!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jemma31
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is a great mid range hotel very conveniently located in Mexico City. The rooms are very clean. The breakfast in the morning is delicious. The best part of this hotel is the staff. They are extremely helpful. Also, don't worry about the safety of your belongings. I left a very nice jacket in my room and they staff saved the jacket for me and I was able to collect the jacket a week later even though I did not report the jacket as missing!

I would recommend this hotel for anyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed there 3 years ago and suggested it to our daughter and her boyfriend who are there now. They love it as well- great location, great price.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank eva03
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Located only meters from the Zocalo, you get the benefit of being close to the action, without all the noise.

We had a recently renovated room with a view of the Cathedral. I really recommend you request a room like this and pay a little more.

The morning buffet breakfast was great and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank melbourne505
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Have stayed in the Hotel Catedral many times over the years and it never disappoints. If you are like me and are looking for value, location , cleanliness and service, look no further. Its a bonus to have a good restaurant on site.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple