“Great Hotel for Business or Pleasure” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Mexico City

Hyatt Regency Mexico City
Ranked #9 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Hotel for Business or Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

My husband had business trip to Mexico City, so I decided to tag along and extend for 2 extra days to explore D.F. The hotel is perfectly located in the Polanco area, within walking distance of many museums including the Anthropology Museum. It is also on a street where the W Hotel, JW Marriott and the Intercontinental are located so you can walk between all of these hotels with ease to try the various restaurants and bars. We were on the 27th Floor, nice views over the park. The room was compact and recently renovated to a very nice standard. All the amenities you would want. The staff was very gracious and professional from room service to concierge, bellmen were top notch. We had to use the Business Center and they were extremely helpful. The breakfast buffet was bountiful with so many choices and you really didn't need to eat lunch after that. Great shopping and restaurants all within walking distance, felt very safe.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Hebrew first
Laguna Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

The hotel is in Polanco which is a cross between Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and the main avenue in Tijuana. Seeing a gas station in front of a Cartier store or a deep fried burritor vendor not far from Ferragamo is very interesting. The breakfast at the hotel was good but it was spoiled by an attendant/waiter. I signed the bill, entered my room number, name and walked away. He ran after me and asked me questions about the room #. I did not change anything just verbally told him what room I was staying in. He said OK and left and I kept on walking. 5 seconds later he ran after me again asking the same question. I repeated it and walked away, He said OK and left. However, just as I was approaching the elevator he ran toward me again asking the same question and once again I repeated it. My Spanish is rudimentary but there was no language barrier or miscommunication. Making a guest feel as if he/she is a thief is not a sign of a good hotel quality. If they are so distrustful of their guests they need to improve their verification. I had to extend my stay for 1 additional night. I asked the front desk clerk what would be the rate. They told me that it would be an additional $55 dollars. I did not argue with that clerk but waited until she left and talked to someone else. He told me the same but when I suggested that the internet hotel price was cheaper he said they did not have that type of room available. So, I checked the internet. According to the hotel information on the Internet the superior type rooms at the time I requested were available at a cheaper rate. The following day another hotel clerk extended my stay at the rate I was initially paying. My Mexican friends who live in DF gave me the phone # of the taxi company they always use. I asked the concierge to call them for me. He did but according to him they could only come to the hotel for 2 hours. There was a taxi waiting right in front. So, I asked the concierge if it was safe to take it. He said that it was not and I should only use the hotel cars. I figured that if the driver of the taxi came up to the hotel entrance to drop off the locals there was a good chance it was a safe taxi. I was right. I took his number and from that point on he drove me all over wherever and whenever I needed to go at the rate that is a fraction of the hotel rate. The check-out was interesting too. They charged for breakfast for 2 people even though it was supposed to be included. When I told them it was a mistake they started haggling with me. They agreed to remove the charge for 1 person but I would have to pay for another person even though when I was checking in the clerk saw 2 people at the counter and said that 2 people could have b’fast. While the dispute was going on they called the manager making me wait, etc. It was unpleasant. I disputed the charge with the American Express and it was taken off. Perhaps my expectation of this highly-rated hotel was too high. I thought I would find a classy place but what I found was a rather ordinary hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Honestos
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed for one night before going to the airport the next day. The hotel is situated among other high-end hotels in the Polanco area.

I called the hotel to arrange a driver to meet us at the bus station and they did an excellent job setting it up. Driver was very professional and prompt.

The hotel is very clean and has a beautiful large and grand lobby area/bar. Room service was good, but as expected, it was pricey. Front desk staff and concierge were both professional.

We ate at the Japanese hibachi style steak house, which was very good and much better than similar ones found in the states. We also ate breakfast at the buffet the next morning. It was fine, with a wide selection of food; however, it was over priced.

The room was spacious and clean, but slightly outdated.

Overall, I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

Just a great hotel, great friendly & helpful employees! I couldn't believe the hospitality, I needed my suit pressed and the bellman came & picked it up... had back to me within the hour!

Room service was awesome, the restaurant was great! Very clean, comfortable rooms & an all around enjoyable stay! I now have my new place to stay when in Mexico City!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

The Hotel Nikko was a superb Hotel in a wonderful location in Mexico City. The service was impeccable and the artwork in the hotel was stunning. My room was on the 16th floor with beautiful park views. I always felt very safe and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My only issue was with the Teppan Grill, which was the slowest Japanese restaurant I heve ever been to. If you get an chance go next door to the Intercontinental, the restaurants are wonderful and the shopping is good. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2010
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

Who knew Mexico had such a nice hotel in such a nice part of town? Good restaurants, good rooms.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Guayaquil, Ecuador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

Location is excellent, service really amazed me, the people at the hotel are extremely friendly and proffesional, I highly recomment it for business purposes.

Rooms are a bit old, but in general I give it 4 stars.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business