Hyatt Regency Mexico City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
W Mexico City(Mexico City)
  • Room Service
Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel(Mexico City)
Suites Obelisk(Mexico City)
Hotel Habita(Mexico City)
Las Alcobas(Mexico City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Polanco(Mexico City)
Residencia Polanco(Mexico City)
  • Breakfast included
2,255 results
All reviewsteppan grilltennis courtsgreat hotelpolanco areachapultepec parkbusiness hotelbusiness triplobby restaurantindoor poolsafe areaclub roomfitness centerhotel is locatedexecutive floorlarge hotelwalking distancebreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2013

First time to Mexico City.
Did not know what to expect.

Started off well with hotel limo pick up at airport.
Easy check in at the regency club.
Btw the lounge has a nice view of the city.

Location
Upscale and safe part of town. Walking distance from famous national museum. Thumbs up

Room
Fine. Nothing spectacular but nothing wrong.

Again fine. No issues.

Lounge
Friendly service. Lounge has decent breakfast spread and happy hour.

Conclusion
Would not hesitate to come back.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hotel is currently renovating the old (admittedly a bit "passé") lobby on the park side. This was a surprise to me as I checked in since there was no prior advise on this at time of booking and I insisted on a high floor room. Unfortunately there was a big congress taking place that week and the highest I could get was the 23rd floor. Room very correct, impeccably cleaned and serviced and views were amazing over to Chapultepec park. There was a coffee machine in the room and all the amenities you would expect from a hotel of this range. Special mention to the bathroom amenities from "pharmacopeia" a brand I did not know before I first stayed at the Hyatt but very much appreciate. Bed super comfy with fresh crisp linen -just the kind you appreciate after a 12 hour flight!

Back to the renovation works, my concerns were very quickly dissipated. Hotel is functioning up to standards and even though the alternative entrance is not really anything to write home (or Tripadvisor) about, it worked pretty well. Loads of staff around offering to help with luggage and rest so no problem. Also, no noise whatsoever. The only nuisance was really the lounge areas next to the temporary reception which are blunt and frankly speaking not the place you want to sit and work or have a meeting. Then again, being in the middle of Polanco you really don't want to stay in the hotel even for a meeting.

Gym is well equipped with loads of cardio machines (Lifefitness) and weight machines and the two areas are separate which is really nice. You get towels and water free of charge. Pool (indoor but with glass ceiling) is quite basic but serves the purpose and there is an outdoor area with loungers providing for some tan and R&R after the workout.

Overall a good value and I will book again for my next trip.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The situation and views from one of the tallest towers in Mexico City are awesome. However, this pricey hotel fails to give good vibes to the non business traveller. Service is cold and distant with little mexican "simpatía" anywhere.
The current renovation (I was only warned by email 2 days before arrival) has destroyed the beautiful lobby and breakfast area, leaving an inconvenient circulation, cramped reception desk and breakfast room. Exit to the sushi bar was thro a fire exit!!
Had I known the drastic, uncomfortable changes undergone I would have chosen nearby hotels

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
HRMC G, Director General at Hyatt Regency Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your choice to stay at our hotel during your stay in Mexico City. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your most recent stay and further apologize for not contacting you sooner to inform you of the renovation.

We have spent considerable time carefully planning to ensure that during our guests are offered full hotel services no matter if we are undergoing renovation or not. We are aware that our arrival and departure experience may not be most desirable for guests versus a time when our lobby is not undergoing a renovation; however we still have taken the time to make the process smooth. Our improvement plans promise to leave our hotel with lobby design that is unmatched in Mexico City and we are very proud and anxious to complete the process as we are sure all of our guests are as well.

Thank you for your valuable and honest comments, they are very helpful to us and we will work to improve our current process as always guest comfort is our top concern.

We can assure you that we are aware of the possible inconveniences that our large scale renovation could bring and we are working diligently to deliver a positive experience during this period for all guests who choose to stay with us.

We hope to have another chance to welcome you back to our hotel to show the progress of the renovation as well as the unveiling of our new Lobby & other public areas.

Kurt Straub
Hyatt Regency Mexico City

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Prior to travelling to Polanco I heard about all the issues with crime in Mexico City. This Hyatt location could not be farther from that. Great restaurants, clean, reasonably priced and safe, stay here with no reservations.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm not one to review business hotel stays but since I had a group of visitors coming in I suggested they all stay at the Hyatt so I could coordinate better. From the ultra professional communications with the GM Kurt Straub to the detailed attention paid to all our guests, everything about their stay was perfect...so much so that 2 of the guests even demanded that they move their corporate accounts from the Intercontinental & Marriott to the "lobby still under remodel" Hyatt! That speaks volumes and frankly I give all the credit to a management so well organized! From the doormen to the staff at the Regency Club (which I highly recommend you get access to) nothing could have been more perfect on our stay and that of our 16 guests! Avoid all the neighboring hotels (especially the W) the streets around this property are extremely safe and bars & restaurants the best in the city all within a short safe walk!! The beautiful park Chapultepec is steps from the property as are 3 of the best museums within 10 minutes walk from the front door!! I strongly recommend this hotel!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business